1 2 3 Previous Next 30 Replies Latest reply: Jul 24, 2012 9:56 AM by 819184 Go to original post RSS
      • 15. Re: OracleStudio12.3 and Red Hat 6.2
        Hello Tom,

Could you please describe what you are doing in more details?

As far as I've got you closed IDE and started it again. And GNU toolchain is disappeared after that.
        Am I right?

Regards,
        Igor
        • 16. Re: OracleStudio12.3 and Red Hat 6.3   SS12.3 does not recognize java
          SolarisStudio12.3-linux-x86-rpm
          SolarisStudio12.3-linux-x86-rpm.tar.bz2
          SunStudio12u1-Linux-x86-rpms-ML
          SunStudio12u1-Linux-x86-rpms-ML.tar.bz2
          [tom@new-host Downloads]$ cd SolarisStudio12.3-linux-x86-rpm
          [tom@new-host SolarisStudio12.3-linux-x86-rpm]$ ls
          LEGAL OSS12.3_README-pkgs.txt solarisstudio.sh
          OSS12.3_README-pkgs-ja.html OSS12.3_README-pkgs-zh_CN.html
          [tom@new-host SolarisStudio12.3-linux-x86-rpm]$ su
          Password:
          [root@new-host SolarisStudio12.3-linux-x86-rpm]# ./solarisstudio.sh
          Configuring the installer...
          Searching for JVM on the system...
          Java installation was not found on this computer
          Java 1.5.0_03 or later is required for installing Oracle Solaris Studio. Make sure that Java is properly installed and run installer again.
          You can specify valid Java location using --javahome installer argument.

To download Java installation bundle (JDK or JRE), visit http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/index.html
          [root@new-host SolarisStudio12.3-linux-x86-rpm]#
          [root@new-host SolarisStudio12.3-linux-x86-rpm]# echo $PATH
          /usr/lib64/qt-3.3/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/java/jdk1.7.0_05/bin:/opt/sun/sunstudio12.1/bin/CC:/home/tom/bin:/usr/java/jdk1.7.0_05/bin:/opt/sun/sunstudio12.1/bin/CC:/home/tom/bin

echo $PATH
          /usr/lib64/qt-3.3/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/java/jdk1.7.0_05/bin:/opt/sun/sunstudio12.1/bin/CC:/home/tom/bin:/usr/java/jdk1.7.0_05/bin:/opt/sun/sunstudio12.1/bin/CC:/home/tom/bin
          • 17. Re: OracleStudio12.3 and Red Hat 6.3   SS12.3 does not recognize java
            Could you please provide you
            java -version
            command output.

It looks like OpenJDK is installed in you system which is not supported by the OSS installer.
            If so, please, install Oracle JDK/JRE.

I'll file a bug against OSS installer to make the error message more clear.

Regards,
            Igor
            • 18. Re: OracleStudio12.3 and Red Hat 6.2
              Igor:

The information I sent is jumbled together but the net is that I got Java installed, put it in the PATH but when I go to install SS 12.3 or 12.2 the Install application does not "see" Java and the install aborts.

INSTALL ATTEMPT
              LEGAL OSS12.3_README-pkgs-ja.html OSS12.3_README-pkgs.txt OSS12.3_README-pkgs-zh_CN.html solarisstudio.sh
              Password:
              Java 1.5.0_03 or later is required for installing Oracle Solaris Studio. Make sure that Java is properly installed and run installer again.

To download Java installation bundle (JDK or JRE), visit http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/index.html
              • 19. Re: OracleStudio12.3 and Red Hat 6.2
                I'm understanding the issue. And it looks like a bug in the OSS 12.3 installer.

So I'm asking you to provide the
                java -version
                command output to be sure that it is supported version of JDK/JRE.

The Oracle JDK/JRE is supported one, but OpenJDK (and it's RedHat variation called IcedTea) is not.

Regards,
                Igor
                • 20. Re: OracleStudio12.3 and Red Hat 6.2
                  Igor:

Herei is the PATH with the JAVA version in it. In this case I was trying out OSS12.1 but I had the same results with OSS12.2 and 12.3

[tom@new-host ~]$ echo $PATH
                  [tom@new-host ~]$

Regards - Tom
                  • 21. Re: OracleStudio12.3 and Red Hat 6.2
                    Igor:

Here is the entire command string in an attempt to install OSS12.3

SolarisStudio12.3-linux-x86-rpm
                    SolarisStudio12.3-linux-x86-rpm.tar.bz2
                    SunStudio12u1-Linux-x86-rpms-ML
                    SunStudio12u1-Linux-x86-rpms-ML.tar.bz2
                    LEGAL OSS12.3_README-pkgs.txt solarisstudio.sh
                    OSS12.3_README-pkgs-ja.html OSS12.3_README-pkgs-zh_CN.html
                    [tom@new-host SolarisStudio12.3-linux-x86-rpm]$ ./solarisstudio.sh
                    You are not logged in as root, and you cannot run the Oracle Solaris Studio package installer without root privileges.
                    Password:

• 22. Re: OracleStudio12.3 and Red Hat 6.2
                      It looks like some bug in the OSS installer. I've notified OSS installer team about that and they started the investigation.
                      Probably, they will ask you some additional questions about the issue.

It would be helpful for them if you provide "java -version" output. It contains not only version number and used by installer
                      to detect if this Java is supported or not.

As a workaround, please, try to install Oracle JDK or JRE 6 and use it for the installation.

Regards,
                      Igor
                      • 23. Re: OracleStudio12.3 and Red Hat 6.2
                        Igor:

Do I contact the Orace team the same way we have been communicatring?

Regards;

Tom
                        • 24. Re: OracleStudio12.3 and Red Hat 6.2
                          I've filed CR 7182532 "Unclear message while installing on RedHat 6.3 with Java 7" in Bugtraq (which is OSS bug tracking system).
                          This CR contains reference to this thread. So any information you would like to provide should be posted here.

Regards,
                          Igor
                          • 25. Re: OracleStudio12.3 and Red Hat 6.2
                            Hi Igor:

Many thanks for your help. At this point I can't think of any additional info to be added to describe this problem. I will answer any questions they have to the best of my ability.

Regards - Tom
                            • 26. Re: OracleStudio12.3 and Red Hat 6.2
                              Hi Igor:

Hasen't the problem I am having with OSS ever been seen before? Do you think it will receive a fairly high "fix priority"?

Regards;

Tom
                              • 27. Re: OracleStudio12.3 and Red Hat 6.2
                                As far as I know, you are the first who has discovered this problem.

Unfortunately I don't know if this issue will be considered highly critical or not.

On the one hand the simple workaround exists (using latest Oracle JDK/JRE 6).
                                On the other hand the installation guide:
                                http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E24457_01/html/E21988/gempq.html#scrolltoc
                                says that Java SE Development Kit (JDK) 6 Update 24 or later are supported, this means that Java 7
                                should be supported too.

Regards,
                                Igor
                                • 28. Re: OracleStudio12.3 and Red Hat 6.2
                                  Hi Igor:

Have you ever been able to install OSS on Red Hat? If you haven't tried RH have you been successful with any other version of Linux OS?

Regards
                                  • 29. Re: OracleStudio12.3 and Red Hat 6.2
                                    The installation guide
                                    http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E24457_01/html/E21988/gempq.html#scrolltoc
                                    says that the following Linuxes are supported:
                                    - Oracle Linux 5 and 6;
                                    - Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 and 6.

So this means that product was tested on them and works fine. As far as I know, Oracle Java 6 is installed on all testing systems.

Regards,
                                    Igor