5 Replies Latest reply: Jul 9, 2012 12:45 PM by 920683 RSS

Re: iSetup and Oracle GRC. (Branch from thread: Welcome to the Oracle iSetup Forum)

Hi Uma,

Oracle iSetup, was untill last week unknown to me and it looks quit promising. But
      Oracle Configuration Controls Governor was mentioned in a sales presentation by Oracle GRC. I guess this is in line with Oracle iSetup, but it seems that Oracle Configuration Controls Governor is a bit more comprehensive. And as we read the 'Data Sheet' it seems to be quit appealing.

We are currently looking at iSetup, which is 'standard' (with a patch) in EBS, but do you know if Oracle Configuration Controls Governor is already available? Or when would you expect it to be available? Because we would like to see how it works (and test it). And is that part of the special GRC suite, which has to be purchased separately?

Hope you could help me with some information.

Thanks in advance.

Martin Blankendaal
        • 1. Re: iSetup and Oracle GRC. (Branch from thread: Welcome to the Oracle iSetu
          Anand Subbaraman-Oracle
          Martin

CCG and iSetup are complementary products. We will publish a formal statement of direction around these products and what should you use in various scenarios. Simplistically you should use iSetup for setup migration from 1 instance to the other. CCG is more around the governance aspects. If you need audit tracking around setups between instances then CCG is your choice.

See the value proposition below. We will publish a formal document soon.

Anand

Configuration Controls Governor:

o Reduce business risks and compliance costs associated with application configuration, by: Monitoring and comparing critical application configurations, both within a single environment and across many; Maintaining full audit trails of configuration change; Understanding and optimizing financial impact of configuration settings

iSetup:

o Lower Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) by: Lowering the implementation costs

o Reduce risk in IT operations by: Automating migration and monitoring of data
          Helping compare data across instances or across timelines
          Increase IT agility to respond to changing business needs by:
          Reducing the time required for roll outs
          • 2. Re: iSetup and Oracle GRC. (Branch from thread: Welcome to the Oracle iSetu
            Hi Martin,

What is the differnce between 'Migration' feature in CCG and the 'Migrator' in iSetup......

Also i would like to know why you recommend using 'Migrator' for migrating data ?

Is there any document available explaining these, if yes, please let me know where i can download....

Sreedhar
            • 3. Re: iSetup and Oracle GRC. (Branch from thread: Welcome to the Oracle iSetu
              Hi Anand,

What is the differnce between 'Migration' feature in
              CCG and the 'Migrator' in iSetup......

Also i would like to know why you recommend using
              'Migrator' for migrating data ?

Is there any document available explaining these, if
              yes, please let me know where i can download....

Sreedhar
              • 4. Re: iSetup and Oracle GRC. (Branch from thread: Welcome to the Oracle iSetu
                Hi Sreedar,

As Anand mentioned in a previous post, we are in the process of finalizing a "Statement of Direction" that will articulate the differences between CCG and iSetup. We apologize for the delay in publishing this information.

In short, iSetup would be the preferred tool for propogating configuration changes among instances, for several reasons: an extensive, supported offering of "solution sets" that span the application pillars, a robust tool and methodology that supports custom API's, solid reporting capabilities, and solid diagnostic capablities, and many more.

CCG's strategic role going forward is to enhance Oracle's "Governance, Risk, and Compliance" offering. CCG's role would address the monitoring of many types of changes, including configuration data.

There are many resouces to learn more about iSetup. You might start with Metalink, including note 395654.1, which links the the R12 iSetup User Guide and Release Content Document.

Hope this helps. Please contact us if you require more information..
                • 5. Re: iSetup and Oracle GRC. (Branch from thread: Welcome to the Oracle iSetu
                  Was this "Statement of Direction" ever published. If so, can Oracle give a link here.