This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: Jul 10, 2012 2:48 PM by EmilyChorba RSS

How to integrate Oracle Tutor Desk manual Index with Oracle ApplicationsR12

928735 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi,

I have created a desk manual Index and related HTML files in oracle Tutor 14. Can anyone help me in integrating the desk manual index with the Oracle Applications Help.

My questions are:

-> In what top shd i upload my files using help Upload ?

-> How do i integrate the desk manual index HTML file with my applications help?

Has anyone done this before . If so , Can u please guide me through the process.

Thanks.

Edited by: Vyas on Apr 8, 2012 12:52 AM
  • 1. Re: How to integrate Oracle Tutor Desk manual Index with Oracle ApplicationsR12
    EmilyChorba Newbie
    Here are some instructions - please let me know if this is what you are looking for.
    Kind Regards,
    Emily

-> In what top shd i upload my files using help Upload ?

Create Upload and Download Directories on Middle Tier.
         The download path must be a location on the machine that hosts the Application Server - ie, the "middle tier". Directories for the upload (for example, /u01/tutor/upload) and download (for example, /u01/tutor/download) functions must be created on the middle tier.
         ***These directories, as well as any future subdirectories, must have full read/write/execute permissions. The Help Utility will automatically create subdirectories, so the permissions must be set correctly before the Help Utility is used.
         Verify that the HELP_UTIL_DOWNLOAD_DIR directory points to a directory that can be accessed from both the JServ tier and the Concurrent Manager tier.

From the EBS
    EBS R12 System Administrator > Profile > System > Find System Profile Values
    - Verify Site is checked
    - Verify Profiles with No Values is checked
    - In the profile field, enter %help%
    - Click Find button

Update system profile values with the correct paths.For example:
         Help Utility Download Path > /u01/tutor/download OR /dbfiles/applcsf/outbound
         Help Utility Upload Path > /u01/tutor/upload OR /dbfiles/applcsf/inbound
         Help System Root > FND:LIBRARY
         TCF:Host > http://<hostname.domainname>
         TCF:Port > <port number>

-> How do i integrate the desk manual index HTML file with my applications help?

Use Help Builder to add the DESK_MANUAL_INDEX to the Help Tree
    To learn all the features about customizing Help Navigation Trees, refer to the Oracle Applications System Administration User Guide.

EBS R12 System Administration > Help Administration > Help Builder

When Help Builder first opens it may appear as a tiny screen in the upper left corner, if this happens, maximize the screen. You may also have to resize the screen as you may see the entire screen at first.

- Enter FND in the Node Application field.
    - Press the Find button on the Find Trees Window.
    This should bring the Trees tab region forward with a list of available trees.
    - Scroll down and find FND | US | Applications Help Library in the Trees tab
    - Select and double click on it.
    This will open the Applications Help Library tree in the left frame
    - Expand the Application Help Library by clicking on the + next to it.
    - Click the New Node icon on the toolbar.
    - Enter the following information in Properties window.
    The next items assume the default Desk Manual Index terminology is used.
    If your organization uses or plans to use different terms, adjust the entries in the various properties field accordingly.
         Prompt: Desk Manual Index
         Description: Desk Manual Index
         Data: @DESK_MANUAL_INDEX
    Or enter the exact Desk Manual Index file name if it is different than the example.
    - Click the View button to verify the link works.
    You may have to experiment with using the @ sign. It may not be required.
         Click the Apply button.
    The Desk Manual Index will now appear as a Node under the Application Help Library. If the name is NOT fully displayed, click on the - (minus) sign to expand it.
    Link does not work
    - Change the information in the Data field.
    - Delete the @ and add .htm extension
    Example: DESK_MANUAL_INDEX.htm
    - Click the View button to verify the link works.
    - Click on the Save icon.
  • 2. Re: How to integrate Oracle Tutor Desk manual Index with Oracle ApplicationsR12
    928735 Newbie
    Hi Emily,

Thanx for your reply.

I followed the steps which you have mentioned,But the changes are not reflecting on the Help Pages.

What should i do to make the changes appear on the respective help pages?

Thanks & regards,
    vyas
  • 3. Re: How to integrate Oracle Tutor Desk manual Index with Oracle ApplicationsR12
    EmilyChorba Newbie
    Vyas,

You may have to reboot the server for those kinds of customizations to show.
    If that doesn't work, you should probably log a formal SR with Oracle Support.
    Too hard to troubleshoot here.

Kind regards,
    Emily

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points