8 Replies Latest reply on Jul 18, 2012 5:54 PM by joelanier

404 - The requested URL /apex/wwv_flow.accept was not found on this server

joelanier
      I am getting this error, when i "submit" my page: 404 - Not Found - The requested URL /apex/wwv_flow.accept was not found on this server
      The page initially displays fine, but it abends when I click my Update (Submit) button.

This sounds crazy, but it seems conditional to the # of items that are rendered on the page.
      I currently have 154 items.
      I change ANY_ (3) of them condition=Never .. the resubmit of the page goes away.
      Or,
      If I tag an entire region contain at least (3) items as conditional display = Never.. it's fine
      Or
      using Dyanmic events, if I HIDE the same size region... it's fine...

SO... 151 items seems the magic #, as crazy as that seems....

This is a very adventurous page (for me), containing a mix of standard reports, items (lovs, text areas, regular items), a mix of javascript of error validations and Dynamic Events for other error validations and Hide/Show regions.

My users need alot more columns on this page, so I need advice fast!

Does anyone have any suggestions?
        • 1. Re: 404 - The requested URL /apex/wwv_flow.accept was not found on this server
          David Gale-Oracle
          My suggestion is to use more pages, or re-examine your logic. APEX doesn't support that many items on a single page. Frankly, I'm surprised you can get 150 items to work. I thought the limit was 100.

-D.
          • 2. Re: 404 - The requested URL /apex/wwv_flow.accept was not found on this server
            joelanier
            Is this documented anywhere as a known limitation? I need to understand this as best as i can, before I have to rip up my page... I am rewriting an old system that my users had, which had this sort of page, a 1-stop "data dump" page... I didnt like the idea of this, but thats what they had, and still want. I was a proponent of APEX (and still am), having written many applications, BUT... they are going to question this.. and I am going to have to justify this limitation... why can another programming language do it, and APEX cant. Any more information on this that I can read up on, I would really appreciate. Thanks for the quick response, I appreciate it.
            • 3. Re: 404 - The requested URL /apex/wwv_flow.accept was not found on this server
              fac586
              joelanier wrote:
              Is this documented anywhere as a known limitation?
              APEX limits are documented in Appendix B: Oracle Application Express Limits of the Application Express Application Builder User's Guide.
              • 4. Re: 404 - The requested URL /apex/wwv_flow.accept was not found on this server
                TexasApexDeveloper
                BUT WAIT.. When APEX 4.2 is released.. That page item limit is DOUBLED. So for those apps that CAN NOT BE LIMITED to 100 elements on a page, by GOSH there will be a way to load 200 items on a page..

Now, if I was presented with such a request I would work the users toward an alternative since a form with that MANY element sis just Dain Bramaged in my mind..

Thank you,

Tony Miller
                Dallas, TX
                • 5. Re: 404 - The requested URL /apex/wwv_flow.accept was not found on this server
                  Sc0tt
                  TexasApexDeveloper wrote:
                  BUT WAIT.. When APEX 4.2 is released.. That page item limit is DOUBLED. So for those apps that CAN NOT BE LIMITED to 100 elements on a page, by GOSH there will be a way to load 200 items on a page..

Now, if I was presented with such a request I would work the users toward an alternative since a form with that MANY element sis just Dain Bramaged in my mind..

Thank you,

Tony Miller
                  Dallas, TX
                  You're picturing 200 items on a single "canvas". If you think about using jquery tabs for example, that just splits divs on a single page into logical tabs. It is all on the same physical html page though. I can easily see 4-5 tabs with 20 elements each and still have it look uncluttered. Add in hidden inputs and the number can get up there pretty quickly.

Not saying there isn't a workaround, but being able to submit all the items on one page is nice sometimes instead of having to write a bunch of ajax or making all tabs on separate pages.

Anyway not germane to the discussion. Just my thoughts.
                  • 6. Re: 404 - The requested URL /apex/wwv_flow.accept was not found on this server
                    joelanier
                    Thank you for the suggestions... when I view the page attributes, I get a Total Page count = 199 and Display Count =150.
                    The documented max is 100... so like other comments above, is seem odd my page has been working fine until I added just a few more columns.

Further Details: about 90 of those columns are in display column (3) in Page Templatebody2, and they are ALL display only.
                    The other display columns are in column (2), and these are the user ENTERABLE fields, lovs and text boxes, etc...

I proved that I can delete fields from readonly column (3), or even an entire region in column (3) containing multiple columns -- and the error STILL occurs.

But... if I delete or tag a conditional = NEVER on 2 or more columns in the column(2) area, the error goes away...

So... what is this magic # and is it specific to the "type" of column?
                    This answer will great help my redesign of the page...
                    I had hoped to throw all of the readonly column(3) on a seperate page, but as it turns out, that doesnt appear to help...
                    Thanks so much for your help.
                    • 7. Re: 404 - The requested URL /apex/wwv_flow.accept was not found on this server
                      fac586
                      joelanier wrote:
                      Thank you for the suggestions... when I view the page attributes, I get a Total Page count = 199 and Display Count =150.
                      The documented max is 100... so like other comments above, is seem odd my page has been working fine until I added just a few more columns.

Further Details: about 90 of those columns are in display column (3) in Page Templatebody2, and they are ALL display only.
                      The other display columns are in column (2), and these are the user ENTERABLE fields, lovs and text boxes, etc...
                      The limit applies to items that are saved in session state when the page is submitted. Display items not saved in session state are not limited.
                      • 8. Re: 404 - The requested URL /apex/wwv_flow.accept was not found on this server
                        joelanier
                        Thanks - I found this other related post very helpful, perhaps it will help others too.
                        CASE not found while executing CASE statement on Submit Form
                        It describes how to view your page source and search the current # of SaveSessionState columns by finding p_t10 This will find the 10th.. and 100th (if it exists), and if you find anything greater than 100, you will be getting the error described in this thread.