This discussion is archived
4 Replies Latest reply: Jul 12, 2012 8:19 AM by 805445 RSS

Dataloader error in CRM on demand

user561807 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi,

First time i am working on dataloader and am trying to import accounts data using data loader, i have all admin (Enable Web Services Access] and [Admin Import] privileges) access but still am getting following errors.

ODWSSessionManager.login(): ERROR - Login attempt failed, Connection timed out: connect

Attempting to log in...
An authentication error occurred. Please make sure that the login user has the
[Enable Web Services Access] and [Admin Import] privileges and login name/passwo
rd are specified correctly. Please review the logs for details.
The following log file corresponds to your current Oracle Data Loader On Demand
Operation: D:\Oracle_DataLoader_OnDemand\OracleDataLoaderOnDemand_20111128

Could you please help me out from this.

Thanks
Nagireddy
  • 1. Re: Dataloader error in CRM on demand
    805445 Newbie
    The error is pretty straight forward.

1. are you using a valid CRMOD user?
    2. Does the user have admin import privliges?
    3. can the user use web services?

If you haven't use 2,3 above you might have to have an admin add those privliges for you.

What is the command line/ config file you are using?
  • 2. Re: Dataloader error in CRM on demand
    893899 Newbie
    Hello,

The reason could occur due one of the following reasons:

1. Your crendentials (user name and password) is incorrect. -- Please check from the user sign in status and you will know if your credentials are wrong.
    2. You have not enabled Enable Web Services Access privilege for your roles -- This is the step 4 for your role management. If this privilege is not enabled you will not be able to use the data import tool because Data Loader uses web services.
    3. Admin Import privilege enables you to import data. This is a privilege you must have.
    4. Check if the config file if you connecting to the correct instance of CRMOD.

If none of the above answers your questions please type the command you are using for the data load. Also copy and paste the log details

Regards
    Paul Swarnapandian

Edited by: Paul Swarnapandian on 11/07/2012 18:09
  • 3. Re: Dataloader error in CRM on demand
    user561807 Newbie
    Hi Paul Swarnapandian,

Thanks for reply

1. I am sure that my credentials are correct because i am able to login with same credentials.
    2. I have verified in role management already have checked check boxes of Web services access and admin import privileges
    3. config file also correct instance of CRMOD.

I updated OracleDataLoaderOnDemand.properties file

##############################################################
    # Sample properties for 'insert' operation:
    ##############################################################
    operation=insert
    clientlogfiledir=.
    clientloglevel=basic
    datafilepath=C:\Oracle_DataLoader_OnDemand\sample\account-insert.csv
    mapfilepath=C:\Oracle_DataLoader_OnDemand\sample\account.map
    recordtype=Account
    #duplicatecheckoption=externalid
    datetimeformat=usa
    #csvdelimiter=,
    #importloglevel=errors
    #waitforcompletion=False
    testmode=debug
    hosturl=https://secure-vmsomxkta.crmondemand.com

I updated sample-insert.bat file also
    ------------------------------------------
    java -jar Oracle_DataLoader_OnDemand.jar -operation insert -recordtype account -username %1 -datafilepath sample/account-insert.csv -mapfilepath sample/account.map -clientloglevel detailed -hosturl https://secure-vmsomxkta.crmondemand.com

Is it correct ?

Command for the dataload is sample-insert.bat user sign id (steria/xxxxx)

Log details
    -----------------
    [2012-07-11 18:32:04,473] DEBUG - [main] BulkOpsClient.main(): Execution begin.
    [2012-07-11 18:32:04,473] DEBUG - [main] BulkOpsClient.main(): List of all configurations loaded: {sessionkeepchkinterval=300, maxthreadfailure=1, testmode=production, logintimeoutms=180000, csvblocksize=1000, maxsoapsize=10240, impstatchkinterval=30, numofthreads=1, maxloginattempts=1, routingurl=https://sso.crmondemand.com, manifestfiledir=.\Manifest\}
    [2012-07-11 18:32:04,473] DEBUG - [main] BulkOpsClient.main(): List of all options loaded: {datafilepath=sample/account-insert.csv, waitforcompletion=False, hosturl=https://secure-vmsomxkta.crmondemand.com, clientlogfiledir=., datetimeformat=usa, operation=insert, username=steria/namustur, help=False, disableimportaudit=False, clientloglevel=detailed, mapfilepath=sample/account.map, duplicatecheckoption=externalid, importloglevel=errors, csvdelimiter=,, recordtype=account}
    [2012-07-11 18:32:04,473] DEBUG - [main] BulkOpsClientUtil.getPassword(): Entering.
    [2012-07-11 18:32:10,254] DEBUG - [main] BulkOpsClientUtil.getPassword(): Exiting.
    [2012-07-11 18:32:10,270] INFO - [main] Attempting to log in...
    [2012-07-11 18:33:34,548] ERROR - [main] Login attempt failed with the following error message: steria/namustur
    [2012-07-11 18:33:34,548] DEBUG - [main] ODWSSessionManager.login(): ERROR - Login attempt failed, Connection timed out: connect
    [2012-07-11 18:33:34,548] DEBUG - [main] BulkOpsClient.main(): Execution complete.
  • 4. Re: Dataloader error in CRM on demand
    805445 Newbie
    If you don't a '-propertyfilepath' parameter its not going to read the property file and you have to specify ALL of the parameters on the command line. Just an FYI.

Here is a sample command line that I use that works (This runs in a .bat file)

"C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_10\bin\java" -Xmx512m -jar Oracle_DataLoader_OnDemand.jar -username COMPANY/USER -operation "insert" -clientlogfiledir "C:\BulkDataLoader\Logs" -mapfilepath "C:\BulkDataLoader\Company\product_L3.map" -datafilepath "C:\BulkDataLoader\Company\product.csv" -recordtype "Product Category" -duplicatecheckoption "externalid" -datetimeformat "usa" -csvdelimiter "," -importloglevel "errorswarnings" -waitforcompletion "False"

And of course the password gets redirected into the command line.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points