We are looking for ways to scan and upload soft copies of Employee HR documents like I-9, Direct Deposit Forms in EBS R12 HCM.
Can you please recommend the best solution to scan and upload HR/Payroll Documents in R12 HRMS? We have over 20,000 employees and the solution should be compatible if we decide to upgrade to fusion in the future.
a high number of files in the database slows down backups, environment copies and other DBA activities.
we went down that road and we are now in trouble, refresh of test environments is a nightmare ans so on.
current approach is to try store as much as possible data in the db then render the documents through word - pdf templates.
I would go for a custom applications linked to (but outside) HRMS.
Thanks Giuseppe!! We appreciate you sharing your experience.
1. How big is your organization in terms of Emp Count, over 10,000 or 20,000?
2. Please share any documents you have about implementing Document Management module?
3. Can you please share documentation on storing Documents in DB and rendering through PDF or Word Templates? We may very well take this approach.
We are not using any Document Management tool: files are created through concurrent requests, then rendered to the user into apps through a custom oaf page (there is seeded a class rendering concurrent output). output files were not purged by the concurrent purging as they the purging concurrent is submitted in such a way to to exclude from the purge specific concurrent programs.
About last point, current approach for the 12i upgrade is, rather than store the file, save related data in a table, then create something like XML Publisher to create the file on-line.
I was supposed to search for "Document of Records" on Metalink. I found an Oracle Support Document too.
Oracle HRMS Documents Of Record Functionality Reference Document [ID 409106.1]
Now that I know about Document Of Records, few more Questions pops to my mind.
1. The Documents are stored in FND_LOBS table, would we be able to export these documents in the future and save them as Flat File in Operating Ssytem?
2. I assume there must be APIs to load Documents to Employee Records, I will search for the API Packages.
*1. The Documents are stored in FND_LOBS table, would we be able to export these documents in the future and save them as Flat File in Operating Ssytem?*
Use FNDGFU -- https://forums.oracle.com/forums/search.jspa?threadID=&q=FNDGFU&objID=c3&dateRange=all&userID=&numResults=15&rankBy=10001
*2. I assume there must be APIs to load Documents to Employee Records, I will search for the API Packages.*
Find all the code to upload attachments using APIs here -