2 Replies Latest reply: Aug 29, 2005 4:16 AM by 451605 RSS

can we invoke search function on OHJ by my application

Hello,

i have a question about OHJ. Can i invoke search function on OHJ by my application similar in MS word that it has a combo box that user type a keyword to search and than if user select the topic that they interest , it will invoke topic window of Help to show).
      thanks you so much for all discussion
        • 1. Re: can we invoke search function on OHJ by my application
          The OHJ user interface contains a Search tab where the user can execute a full-text search of the help content and then see the results and open the topics that interest them.

In addition to being shown in the traditional help window, this Search tab, what we call a Navigator, can also be embedded directly in Java applications. Or, it is possible to create your own custom user interface that calls the OHJ APIs directly to perform a search of the content. If you provide more information on what you want do do, we can help get you started.
          • 2. Re: can we invoke search function on OHJ by my application
            Hello Jeffrey,

Thanks for your reply to one of our team members' question. I would like to continue with the question we have asked you. What we want to do is to provide our users ability to type a question for help in a combo box that is located on our application. Pressing enter and then showing the lists of search result. When users click any of those links, the topic window is displayed with the associative contents.

Referring to your reply, you have mentioned that the Search tab can also be embedded directly in Java applications. Or, it is possible to create your own custom user interface that calls the OHJ APIs directly to perform a search of the content.

I'd like to try both ways. Can you please explain more about those implementations.

Thanks for your help,
            Bee