3 Replies Latest reply: Jul 13, 2012 3:34 AM by BluShadow RSS

Can an admin please delete my post

kendenny
      I have been contacted by the OP in thread https://forums.oracle.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=2171512 that his original post contained client sensitive data and which has since been deleted but my reply also contained the same data and he has asked me to delete my post in that thread. But I can't as the thread has been locked. Can an admin please delete my post in that thread?

Thanks
      Ken Denny
        • 1. Re: Can an admin please delete my post
          Billy~Verreynne
          Sensitive data? Where?

I see an INSERT and an UPDATE statement in your posting. Code using variables. There is no data. No secret/confidential data like a social ID number, credit card number, bank account details, etc.

As for the code - plain vanilla SQL statements updating some table. And a table structure cannot be considered as "sensitive" as data models make a poor (failed IMO) mechanism for hiding secrets.

The OP is mistaken IMO and his request not sensible.
          • 2. Re: Can an admin please delete my post
            Hi admin Team,
            Actually the query snippet i posted over the forum contained some table_name,the code was matched with my client's clear case hence they instructed me to remove the related information from the blog.

Please help me to remove the reply from kendenny's response as his code has same table_name and where clause,i am in trouble now.
            Please do me the favor.
            Thanks
            Rajat
            • 3. Re: Can an admin please delete my post
              BluShadow
              There we go, I've just dropped the whole thread, because without your response, the thread wouldn't have made any sense anyway.