7 Replies Latest reply: Jul 13, 2012 5:33 AM by Steven Davelaar-Oracle RSS

JHeadstart Login Taskflow

Hi,

Is there way for me to view the login taskflow when generated my app with JHeadstart Evaluation 11.1.1.3.33?

Thanks
        • 1. Re: JHeadstart Login Taskflow
          Stephen J.
          It's usually generated as an AuthenticationFilter in the web.xml file rather than as an independent taskflow.
          • 2. Re: JHeadstart Login Taskflow
            Thanks for the info. How do I call another taskflow from the JHeadstart generated Login.jspx page?

Thanks
            • 3. Re: JHeadstart Login Taskflow
              Steven Davelaar-Oracle
              You don't need to.
              You enter the URL for your taskflow, when not yet authenticated you will be redirected to the login page, after succesful login, you will be be redirected to the orignal URL you were trying to access.

Steven Davelaar,
              Jheadstar Team.
              • 4. Re: JHeadstart Login Taskflow
                Hi Steven,

Thanks for the info.

What I would like to achieve is when the user click on the login button on the login.jspx page, that action will call the verify password task flow. In the verify task flow, if the user password is expired then redirect to change password page; otherwise, redirect to home page. If username and password are not fount then return back to login page.

I am too new to this tool to able to do this. I have gone through the JHS developer guide + JHS tutorial, but I am not clear how to achieve this.

Are there other documents that can help me to clear up? Do I have to override the oracle.jheadstart.controller.jsf.AuthenticationFilter to achieve the above action?

Thanks
                • 5. Re: JHeadstart Login Taskflow
                  Steven Davelaar-Oracle
                  That functionality is not provided out-of-the-box with JHeadstart, you will need to build that taskflow manually without JHeadstart.
                  Note that Jheadstart is best-practice and productivity toolkit on top of ADF, and while it makes your life much easier you still need to learn and understand ADF if you want to succesfully complete a project with Jheadstart.

So, if you don't know how to buiild an ADF taskflow than I suggest you first get some ADF training, and/or try to get some help in the JDeveloper forum.

Steven Davelaar,
                  Jheadstart team.
                  • 6. Re: JHeadstart Login Taskflow
                    Hi Steven,

Thanks for the info. I created all my necessary task-flows, but I was asked to incorporate in with JHeadstart security, which involves the Login.jspx file, and the AuthenticationFilter class. This is where I am not sure how. Do I have to write my own security filter to accomplish what I need?

Thanks
                    • 7. Re: JHeadstart Login Taskflow
                      Steven Davelaar-Oracle
                      That depends on your functional requirements. I don't know what you are trying to achieve. You can also extend the JHeadstart AuthenticationFilter class, and use your own login page.

Steven Davelaar,
                      Jheadstart team.

Edited by: Steven Davelaar on Jul 13, 2012 10:33 AM