4 Replies Latest reply: Jul 17, 2012 4:45 PM by EJP RSS

Error while connecting to the LDAP server

In LDAP Server, i have configured OU with the following characteres.

OU=Administración.

Now when i try to connect LDAP server from my application, am getting the following exception.

[LDAP: error code 49 - 80090308: LdapErr: DSID-0C0903A9, comment: AcceptSecurityContext error, data 52e, v1db0]
      javax.naming.AuthenticationException: [LDAP: error code 49 - 80090308: LdapErr: DSID-0C0903A9, comment: AcceptSecurityContext error, data 52e, v1db0]
           at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtx.mapErrorCode(LdapCtx.java:3041)
           at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtx.processReturnCode(LdapCtx.java:2987)
           at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtx.processReturnCode(LdapCtx.java:2789)
           at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtx.connect(LdapCtx.java:2703)
           at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtx.<init>(LdapCtx.java:293)
           at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtxFactory.getUsingURL(LdapCtxFactory.java:175)
           at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtxFactory.getUsingURLs(LdapCtxFactory.java:193)
           at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtxFactory.getLdapCtxInstance(LdapCtxFactory.java:136)
           at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtxFactory.getInitialContext(LdapCtxFactory.java:66)
           at javax.naming.spi.NamingManager.getInitialContext(NamingManager.java:667)
           at javax.naming.InitialContext.getDefaultInitCtx(InitialContext.java:288)
           at javax.naming.InitialContext.init(InitialContext.java:223)
           at javax.naming.InitialContext.<init>(InitialContext.java:197)
           at javax.naming.directory.InitialDirContext.<init>(InitialDirContext.java:82)

When i search for this, i got the this [link |http://esupport.trendmicro.com/solution/en-us/1037285.aspx/] saying some Accent characters are not converted correctly into 8-bit Unicode Transformation Format (UTF-8).
      Here i have used URLEncoder.encode(mySearchbase, "UTF-8"); to encode the special characters into UTC-8.

I would like to know whether its a known issue with accent characters or anything else i missed here to handle those characters.

Thanks,
      -Konanki
        • 1. Re: Error while connecting to the LDAP server
          DrClap
          Well, if you're passing an array of bytes to that LDAP access code, then that isn't the right way to encode a String to an array of bytes in UTF-8 encoding. And anyway it's been a long time since I wrote LDAP access code, but I don't recall having to pass arrays of bytes to any of those JNDI classes, so that idea is probably wrong in any case.

I would suggest, if that page you linked to is actually relevant, that you just install the hot-fix it refers to. On the other hand if it doesn't actually apply to your situation, then you should just ignore it.

My guess is that UTF-8 or not, your OU value on the server is in fact not "Administraci&oacute;n" -- that's based on the number of mis-encoded characters I see there. So perhaps what you are passing to the JNDI classes does in fact not match the server's value and it isn't an encoding issue at all.
          • 2. Re: Error while connecting to the LDAP server
            EJP
            And I don't know why you think URLEncoder will solve it. There is nothing in any LDAP RFC that I have ever seen that says anything about that encoding. What happens when you just pass the string as-is?
            • 3. Re: Error while connecting to the LDAP server
              I tried by passing the string as it is without encode, getting the same exception. I tried with following string also.

OU=Administración.
              • 4. Re: Error while connecting to the LDAP server
                EJP
                Sting.getBytes("UTF-8");