This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: Jul 18, 2012 6:11 AM by Todd Little RSS

Tuxedo 12c - Java runtime question

905561 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi,

I have a basic question in the newly introduced feature (Java Runtime process) in Tuxedo 12c. Bear with me if this is very basic

Currently I have my application infrastructure that use heavy use of JNI calls to Tuxedo to make things done

Now I believe the Tuxedo 12c supports the Java Runtime inside itself

So can I invoke the this Java Runtime provided by Tuxedo instead of relying on the JNI calls (which adds overhead)

If yes, please outline on what I need to do

Thanks in advance
  • 1. Re: Tuxedo 12c - Java runtime question
    Todd Little Expert
    Hi,

Yes, you can now create Tuxedo services in Java. The interface (API) is modeled after the JATMI API that is provided in WTC and the Tuxedo JCA Adapter. If you were using JNI before, you'll need to refactor your code to make use of this new API, configure the Java server, and add the Java server to your Tuxedo configuration.

Regards,
    Todd Little
    Oracle Tuxedo Chief Architect
  • 2. Re: Tuxedo 12c - Java runtime question
    905561 Newbie
    Thanks Todd for the info.. It was really helpful

But instead of using the Java runtime inside Tuxedo to use as more like a service from the client's perspective, is there a way for us to utilize the Java runtime of Tuxedo as such from client i.e can we use the java calls directly inside the Tuxedp's java runtime without the use of service based infrastructure

Please let me know

Thanks
  • 3. Re: Tuxedo 12c - Java runtime question
    Todd Little Expert
    Hi,

The new Tuxedo 12c Java support is for Tuxedo servers only. That being said, a Tuxedo service can in turn be a client of any other Tuxedo service. So you can essentially have a Java client, but it needs to be wrapped in a service. The only pure Java client support available is Jolt.

Regards,
    Todd Little
    Oracle Tuxedo Chief Architect

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points