2 Replies Latest reply: Jul 18, 2012 5:22 AM by 741357 RSS

DBMS_SCHEDULER.ENABLE and already a subscriber

I have migrated a database from 10.2.0.4 on Solaris to 11.2.0.3 on Windows and have a problem with enabling one job que. Enable fails, and returns that "nothing" is already subscribed to it:
      BEGIN
        SYS.DBMS_SCHEDULER.ENABLE
          (name => 'CIPS.DDREQ_QUEUE_JOB',
         commit_semantics  => 'STOP_ON_FIRST_ERROR');

END;
      Error at line 55
      ORA-24034: application  is already a subscriber for queue 
      ORA-06512: at "SYS.DBMS_ISCHED", line 4395
      ORA-06512: at "SYS.DBMS_SCHEDULER", line 2803
      ORA-06512: at line 2
      ALL_QUEUE_SUBSCRIBERS contains (relevent):
      SELECT *
        FROM ALL_QUEUE_SUBSCRIBERS
       WHERE owner = 'CIPS';

CIPS,DDREQ_QUEUE,DDREQ_QUEUE_TABLE,SCHEDULER$_EVENT_AGENT,null,0,null,PERSISTENT,NO,FALSE
      The same job code works fine in the old db, and will do everything in the new one execpt enable. Very frustrating.

Q: What do I querry to find this blank subscriber?
        • 1. Re: DBMS_SCHEDULER.ENABLE and already a subscriber
          Hi,

I "suspect" something has gone awry during the upgrade .. don't suppose you still have the upgrade logs?

I'd suggest raising this with Oracle Support if it is critical, the alternatives would involve messing with SYS owned tables I reckon.

Thanks
          Paul
          • 2. Re: DBMS_SCHEDULER.ENABLE and already a subscriber
            Thanks Paul,

I am going to submit an SR - mainly because I just need to know what AQ is not liking. Possibly something label security related was overlooked.

The upgrade was actually a datapump export/import in addition to scripts to extract XML data datapump in 10g did not deal with correctly, extracting all the user accounts (> 26K) and re-creating them, as well as extracting all the label security information and restoring those privileges to the users.

Bryan