This discussion is archived
6 Replies Latest reply: Nov 14, 2012 8:24 AM by 588018 RSS

Quick Start server not able to write to data store

920568 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
When running the Quick Start project (or any other project) the Server returns this error:

ERROR [WatchDog] - Graph execution finished with error

ERROR [WatchDog] - Node WEB_SERVICE_CLIENT0 finished with status: ERROR caused by: Error creating data files at 'C:\Oracle\Endeca\Server\2.3.0\endeca-server\data\quickstart'. Data files may already exist at that location, or the endeca server does not have the appropriate permissions to create them.
ERROR [WatchDog] - Node WEB_SERVICE_CLIENT0 error details:
org.apache.axis2.AxisFault: Error creating data files at 'C:\Oracle\Endeca\Server\2.3.0\endeca-server\data\quickstart'. Data files may already exist at that location, or the endeca server does not have the appropriate permissions to create them.
     at org.apache.axis2.description.OutInAxisOperationClient$NonBlockingInvocationWorker.run(OutInAxisOperation.java:451)
     at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:886)
     at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:908)
     at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

I have cleared that directory to ensure no previous files are there.

I have also attempted to create a data store from the cmd console and get the same error.

I have also validated that I do not have an OS permissioning issue for these directories, and am starting both Server and LDI as administrator.

There is no data store or previous files in that directory, and I have used the cmd console commands to remove any potentially hidden files.

This appears to be a server issue - but I am not sure.

I have tried full uninstall/reinstall on different drives/locations with the same result on this machine.

Any assistance or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thx.
phil
  • 1. Re: Quick Start server not able to write to data store
    919610 Newbie
    What OS are you running on?
    I've seen this error happen on Windows XP, which is not an OS that we support. If you are running on XP, you'll need to use either Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008.
  • 2. Re: Quick Start server not able to write to data store
    920568 Newbie
    Win 7 - 64bit

someone else just suggested that the server config file may not be pointing to the correct dir - but I'm not sure where that config file resides ?
  • 3. Re: Quick Start server not able to write to data store
    Frank Explorer
    It sure seems like it's a file permissions problem. I know you're starting the Endeca Server as an admin, but did you run the installer as an admin? I've seen similar problems with non-admin installations.

By the way, the config file is at: C:\Oracle\Endeca\Server\2.3.0\endeca-server\endeca-server.windows.conf.bat
  • 4. Re: Quick Start server not able to write to data store
    920568 Newbie
    That's what I thought initially, but I can create/delete/write to any of my directories via explorer, so I think I have ruled out an OS permissioning issue (I think).

Because I have installed and uninstalled multiple times on this machine now (and even had it running for a few days as it should) I am wondering if there may be some remaining files somewhere that don't get removed with the uninstall that are pointing to the wrong location now. I did manually delete the remaining dir's from C:\ after each uninstall as referenced by the doc (ie. C:\Oracle\Endeca\... ).

I'm stumped on this one and am running out of ideas to trouble-shoot it. Any other ideas are welcomed.

Thx.
  • 5. Re: Quick Start server not able to write to data store
    JRQuinlan Newbie
    I've had this same issue for a week. The problem started once CAS was successfully installed. I have been trouble shooting the directory rights issue as well and have become thoroughly frustrated. Based on the contents of this thread I finally said what if I tried making a copy of another data store and change the name.

This work around worked.

Go to C:\Oracle\Endeca\Server\2.3.0\endeca-server\data

make a copy of one of the existing indexes data store folders and the matching .worddat and change the name of the copy to the name you setup in the workspace.prm; for the Example I'm using the workspace.prm entry DATA_STORE_NAME="*new*"

Example: change "*bikestore_indexes - Copy*" to "*new_indexes*" and "*bikestore - Copy.worddat*" to "*new.worddat*"

Once you've made these changes go back to Integrator and run ResetDataStore.grf and then run InitDataStore.grf. You should see that 1 record was written to the trash.

I'm not saying this is the correct way to overcome the problem but it works.
  • 6. Re: Quick Start server not able to write to data store
    588018 Newbie
    I am experiencing the exact same problem. Do you have any luck in resolving it? I've tried everything suggested in the thread, and to summarized, these are the things that I've tried

1) change the data store name to test
    2) in endeca-server.windows.conf.bat, change the data_dir to "my document" path, because everyone should have full access right to this folder
    3) re-install Endeca as administrator

After running the baseline.grf, a test folder is created in the location of data_dir folder, but no index there.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points