5 Replies Latest reply: Jul 19, 2012 12:47 PM by r_g_financials_dba RSS

11.5.10.2 - Do we need to upgrade

r_g_financials_dba
      We run Oracle HRMS and Oracle Financials and Oracle Payroll in E-Business 11.5.10.2
      I understand that the Extended support ends on November 30 2013

Does this mean that we shall receive no patches for 11.5.10.2 after November 30 2013
      will our Oracle Payroll function correctly after November 30 2013

Please - This is a very important issue
        • 1. Re: 11.5.10.2 - Do we need to upgrade
          Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
          r_g_financials_dba wrote:
          We run Oracle HRMS and Oracle Financials and Oracle Payroll in E-Business 11.5.10.2
          I understand that the Extended support ends on November 30 2013

Does this mean that we shall receive no patches for 11.5.10.2 after November 30 2013
          Sustaining Support puts you in control of your upgrade strategy. When Premier Support expires, if you choose not to purchase Extended Support, or when Extended Support expires, Sustaining Support will be available for as long as you license your Oracle products. With Sustaining Support, you receive technical support, including access to our online support tools, knowledge bases, and technical support experts. You benefit from:

- Major product and technology releases
          - Technical support
          - Access to My Oracle Support and Silver Creek Systems Support Portal
          - Fixes, updates, and critical patch updates created during the Premier Support stage
          - Upgrade scripts created during the Premier Support stage

Sustaining Support does not include:

- New updates, fixes, security alerts, data fixes, and critical patch updates
          - New tax, legal, and regulatory updates
          - New upgrade scripts
          - Certification with new third-party products/versions
          - Certification with new Oracle products

Lifetime Support Policy: Oracle Applications
          http://www.oracle.com/us/support/library/lifetime-support-applications-069216.pdf

Reminder: Minimum Patching Baselines for E-Business Suite 11i Extended Support
          https://blogs.oracle.com/stevenChan/entry/ebs11i_minimum_patching_baselines2
          will our Oracle Payroll function correctly after November 30 2013
          Yes it will.

Thanks,
          Hussein
          • 2. Re: 11.5.10.2 - Do we need to upgrade
            Srini Chavali-Oracle
            Pl identify the HR legislations you are using. As noted above, there will no tax or regulatory updates available after Nov 30 2013 - so year-end HR patches for 2013, for example, will not be available in Dec 2013 (or Jan 2014)

HTH
            Srini
            • 3. Re: 11.5.10.2 - Do we need to upgrade
              Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
              None of the modules will stop functioning properly as it is now and as I mentioned above "New updates, fixes, security alerts, data fixes, and critical patch updates" will not be available for you.

Thanks,
              Hussein
              • 4. Re: 11.5.10.2 - Do we need to upgrade
                Your system will continue to work as-is after November 2013 but Oracle Payroll will not work from a business perspective and thus you must upgrade before then unless Oracle extends 11i support. That is, Oracle will not release any further legislative updates and other essential patches so Payroll will not work properly. You must either upgrade to R12 or replace Oracle Payroll with another payroll solution.

Jonathan
                • 5. Re: 11.5.10.2 - Do we need to upgrade
                  r_g_financials_dba
                  - Oracle has a FAQ with the above Metalink document id
                  where they clearly state that
                  Oracle Payroll may not calculate taxes correctly subsequently to November 2013 for EBS 11.5.10.2
                  The reason they say MAY NOT because regularly US taxes and deductions are changed and since Oracle is not delivering patches to 11.5.10.2 subsequent to November 2013 all computations will not reflect any changes and updates to USA taxes.

This is not a good sign and I am sure my company cannot take the risk of wrong computations or my company cannot hope that there are no changes to US Taxes.