This content has been marked as final. Show 5 replies
r_g_financials_dba wrote:Sustaining Support puts you in control of your upgrade strategy. When Premier Support expires, if you choose not to purchase Extended Support, or when Extended Support expires, Sustaining Support will be available for as long as you license your Oracle products. With Sustaining Support, you receive technical support, including access to our online support tools, knowledge bases, and technical support experts. You benefit from:
We run Oracle HRMS and Oracle Financials and Oracle Payroll in E-Business 188.8.131.52
I understand that the Extended support ends on November 30 2013
Does this mean that we shall receive no patches for 184.108.40.206 after November 30 2013
- Major product and technology releases
- Technical support
- Access to My Oracle Support and Silver Creek Systems Support Portal
- Fixes, updates, and critical patch updates created during the Premier Support stage
- Upgrade scripts created during the Premier Support stage
Sustaining Support does not include:
- New updates, fixes, security alerts, data fixes, and critical patch updates
- New tax, legal, and regulatory updates
- New upgrade scripts
- Certification with new third-party products/versions
- Certification with new Oracle products
Lifetime Support Policy: Oracle Applications
Reminder: Minimum Patching Baselines for E-Business Suite 11i Extended Support
will our Oracle Payroll function correctly after November 30 2013Yes it will.
Your system will continue to work as-is after November 2013 but Oracle Payroll will not work from a business perspective and thus you must upgrade before then unless Oracle extends 11i support. That is, Oracle will not release any further legislative updates and other essential patches so Payroll will not work properly. You must either upgrade to R12 or replace Oracle Payroll with another payroll solution.
- Oracle has a FAQ with the above Metalink document id
where they clearly state that
Oracle Payroll may not calculate taxes correctly subsequently to November 2013 for EBS 220.127.116.11
The reason they say MAY NOT because regularly US taxes and deductions are changed and since Oracle is not delivering patches to 18.104.22.168 subsequent to November 2013 all computations will not reflect any changes and updates to USA taxes.
This is not a good sign and I am sure my company cannot take the risk of wrong computations or my company cannot hope that there are no changes to US Taxes.