2 Replies Latest reply: Jul 26, 2012 7:58 AM by Jon L RSS

OEM Policy Violation: Use of Non-Standard Initialization Parameters

Jon L
      Hi all,

Our OEM was showing a policy violation for "The database is using non-standard initialization parameter event _PARALLEL_SYSPLS_OBEY_FORCE". I applied patch 10384013 which took care of the issue, but now we keep seeing a policy violation for "The database is using non-standard initialization parameter event ." Looking at the details of the policy violation in OEM shows that the value for event is blank. Tried searching google, AskTom, My Oracle Support, etc., but no luck. I have not tried rolling the patch back to see if the "event" message goes away, but just wondering if anyone has ever encountered this? We are using RDBMS 11.2.0.3.3 and OEM Grid Console 11.1.0.1.0 (w/ the 10384013 one-off patch applied).

Thanks!

Jon

Edited by: Jon L on Jul 25, 2012 2:19 PM
        • 1. Re: OEM Policy Violation: Use of Non-Standard Initialization Parameters
          damorgan
          If Oracle Support told you to implement the parameter then ignore it.

This is just a notification of a non-standard parameter in use. That it is non-standard does not compel you to do anything other than be aware of it.
          • 2. Re: OEM Policy Violation: Use of Non-Standard Initialization Parameters
            Jon L
            Hi -

Oracle Support didn't have us implement that parameter - it's set at the default value. I was trying to "clean up" some of the warnings/emails that OEM spits out and that's what prompted me to look into the original issue of the PARALLELSYPLS_OBEY_FORCE notification. I found (through help on this forum) there was a bug/patch for that notification being false. So I applied the patch and now I get a similar notification, but for the "event" parameter. Prior to applying the patch, I never saw the "event" notification.

Bottomline, nothing is broken. I'm just trying to clean up some of the noise that OEM generates. If it keeps spitting out a ton of notifications and I get used to ignoring them, I'm afraid I'll miss an actual problem.

Thanks!

Jon