3 Replies Latest reply: Jul 26, 2012 9:41 AM by TommyMac RSS

OPSC 12cR1 Install Error:no compatible version of 64-Bit java runtime exist

TommyMac
      The Full error msg from the 12cR1 installer script:

Using Solaris sparc_64 Binaries
      localhost is alive

warning: Jvm: System has greater version of 32-Bit java runtime (1.7.0_05) than
      the bundled version (1.7.0_02). However, no compatible version of
      64-Bit java runtime exists on the system. You can either choose to
      continue, in which case, the 64-bit support on the Enterprise
      Controller will be disabled or manually install the 64-Bit java runtime
      (1.7.0_05) and try again.

Number of precheck info messages: 0, number of warnings: 1, number of errors: 0

I saw that the 11g installer script had the same problem last year. Why is this still a problem?  How do I work around it?? The prior 11g workarounds did not work for me.

My JAVA versions, both 32&64bit, are there:
      #java -d32 -version ; java -d64 -version
      java version "1.7.0_05"
      Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.7.0_05-b06)
      Java HotSpot(TM) Server VM (build 23.1-b03, mixed mode)
      java version "1.7.0_05"
      Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.7.0_05-b06)
      Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 23.1-b03, mixed mode

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!
        • 1. Re: OPSC 12cR1 Install Error:no compatible version of 64-Bit java runtime exist
          Eran_Steiner
          Ops Center bundles the Java runtime in the installation but it will not install it if there's a newer version already installed.
          In your case, you only have 32 bits version installed which is newer, so Ops Center cannot continue as you cannot install a lower version of the 64 bits.

This will tell you the 32 bits version:
          # pkgparam SUNWj7rt VERSION

You're probably missing the SUNWj7rtx - which is the 64 bit version.
          This will probably give you an error (this will check the 64-bit java version):
          # pkgparam SUNWj7rtx VERSION
          To see if you have it installed:
          # pkginfo | grep SUNWj7rtx

To resolve this, you should install the same version in 64 bits (SUNWj7rtx) and then try the Ops Center installation again.
          • 2. Re: OPSC 12cR1 Install Error:no compatible version of 64-Bit java runtime exist
            3sth3r_m
            I had various issues with the java and ops center 12c. In my scenario the java versions were older than the packaged version that came with OpsC. What the ops center install actually did was to ONLY apply the java 32-bit packages and not the 64 bit. I tested on another server with a similar setup and the same thing happened.

Workaround ? Uninstall the whole of ops center 12c entirely, manually patch the java to the very latest and greatest (I downloaded and applied the latest recommended patch bundle for solaris), reinstall ops center 12c.
            • 3. Re: OPSC 12cR1 Install Error:no compatible version of 64-Bit java runtime exist
              TommyMac
              Thanks for the good input, I appreciate it!!

I resolved the issue by changing the Java "links" back to point to the older 1.6 Java version from the newer 32&64 version I had installed, 1.7.

The "install" went smoothly after that.