This discussion is archived
6 Replies Latest reply: Aug 27, 2012 6:30 AM by 631783 RSS

OCM Exam

845641 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
I am teaching OCM in malaysia in oracle university .... but i am not OCM myself... Will i ever be allowed to write for this exam ? or any issues will come ? its important please answer correctly

Edited by: 842638 on 23-Jul-2012 02:35
  • 1. Re: OCM Exam
    Sunny kichloo Expert
    This will help

http://www.pythian.com/news/1503/how-to-become-oracle-certified-master-ocm/

want to become OCM. what is the total steps/process to become OCM ?

Oracle Certified Master (OCM)
  • 2. Re: OCM Exam
    matthew_morris Expert
    None of those links has anything about the question asked. From the question I assume that you're asking if teaching the OCM course makes you ineligible to take the OCM test at a later date. Unfortunately, I believe you'd need to get a definitive answer from someone within Oracle Education. The forum moderator may be able to assist.

For what it is worth, I seriously doubt that it will. The only reason they would do that is if you were given inside information about the test that made it unfair for you to take it. Even if you are teaching the OE Course +"Oracle Database 10g: OCM Exam Preparation Workshop Ed 1"+, I don't believe this will give you any information that is not also available to the students taking that course. If having that information were to invalidate you, it would also invalidate them. So long as you are not given the information ahead of time about specifically what will be tested, what the lab environment is like, etc., I can't imagine you being made ineligible. That said, if you are given any of that information, I have to hope that you are, because that would indeed be unfair... sorry. :)
  • 3. Re: OCM Exam
    bigdelboy Pro
    842638 wrote:
    I am teaching OCM in malaysia in oracle university .... but i am not OCM myself... Will i ever be allowed to write for this exam ? or any issues will come ? its important please answer correctly

Edited by: 842638 on 23-Jul-2012 02:35
    My impression is Oracle University has appropriate channels in place (or should have) for tutors to get answers without resorting to public forums.

Or a least a support request to Oracle Certification would have been more prudent.

I'm a little concerned you soulkd be teaching an advanced OCM ....{thread:id=2380754} 'Please help me' is not IMHO appropriate two months before if I was to shell out lots of very good money to sit in one of your classes!

( You may think I am being a lot hard, but if a dba begs 'Please help me', then he possibly doesn't have the right attitude to be a DBA, let alone OCM, where the aptitude should be much more hunt the documentation, experiment, and distill appropraite answers for oneself).

I may be a being a litle hard, but we are talking Oracle Certified Master here.

Anybody reading this post might look at your previous recent questions, and wonder if that is appropriate for someone who will be teching them for OCM preparation.

I have seen some 3rd party WDP suppliers describe every possible exam on the path to OCM as an 'OCM' exam. And I absolute worst case I could see any WDP tutor delivering Oracle Univeristy basic SQL/OCA exams as OCM exams; and I can understand them asking the question you asked. But in the UK there is no way I coud imagine a OU UK tutor asking the question you asked.

However I understand Maylasia is culturally different to the UK and I may have misread your question completely.
  • 4. Re: OCM Exam
    Brandye Barrington Expert
    This question is best answered by the Oracle Certification Support team http://bit.ly/KMsuH3. I'm not sure what you mean when you're saying that your teaching OCM. Send a request to the team and tell them specifically what course(s) you are teaching and they will tell you if these courses will count and how to proceed.

Regards,
    Brandye Barrington
    Certification Forum Moderator
  • 5. Re: OCM Exam
    7471 Newbie
    842638, do not warry. You may teach and take exam thereafter. OCM prep course has no relation to the exam.
  • 6. Re: OCM Exam
    631783 Explorer
    Hi
    ☺ wrote:
    842638, do not warry. You may teach and take exam thereafter. OCM prep course has no relation to the exam.
    I am sorry, but I think you are wrong about that.
    My intention was also to lead Oracle Database (10g or 11g) OCM exam preparation workshop (I assume this is the original poster was or you were referring to) and/or be a proctor during OCM exams.
    I was told the first requirement was to be an Oracle employee. Subcontractors, certified education partners,etc are also excluded. If you are an Oracle employee and, of course, work at education area, you have two options:
    1. If you already are a Certified Master, say in 11g, then you are eligible to lead OCM exam prep workshop and be a proctor during the exam.
    2. If you have not obtained OCM certification but are ok with losing the chance to obtain it later, then sign some kind of Non Disclosure Agreement (sorry, but do not have the specifics) then you become eligible for leading the workshop and/or be a proctor. I know someone who has already chosen this path in the UK. She was the proctor when I was taking my 10g exam.

This information is roughly a year old, so it is possible they have changed it, but just like Brandye says, Oracle Certification support team should give the proper answer. But it is definitely not true that you can teach (or lead) the prep workshop then take the exam.

Best regards,
    Jozsef
    10g & 11g OCM

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points