3 Replies Latest reply: Jul 29, 2012 9:56 AM by Ravi Jegga RSS

bpm 11.1.1.6 installation is failing to start

Thanks Ravi..I think this problem is resolved now. Able to remove and install WL.

Now I am try to set up SOA Suite 11.1.1.6 on my machine and install launcher is not coming up and I am not able to see any errors as well.

C:\FMWSTAGE\SOASuite\Disk1>setup -jreLoc "C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0.01"

Installer is just coming out without any errors/warnings...

Any thoughts?
        • 1. Re: bpm 11.1.1.6 installation is failing to start
          Hi
          I am glad your original issue is resolved. For this new SOA installation, you can post a new thread and preferably in SOA Forums and not here in WLS Forums for quicker response: SOA Suite

1. To begin with, looks like you have a 64 bit machine, so I would recommend first to install 64 bit JDK. Then install Weblogic using weblogic generic installer (.jar). This means if you already have WLS installed using .exe, you may have to delete that and start over.

2. Worst case even if you want to continue as it is (32 bit), the location of java is kind of not ok having a space in one of the folder names like "Program Files". And is this java installed by you or did it came with machine and if so. If came with machine it will be older version.

I would recommend, uninstall existing JDK and install fresh latest JDK in a path something like shown below that do not have any spaces:
          1. C:\Oracle\Java\jdk1.6.0_24_64Bit = Will have JDK 64 bit
          2. C:\Oracle\Middleware116BPM = Will have WLS 10.3.6. Here you install SOA later on
          3. C:\Oracle\Middleware\Jdeveloper116 = Will have JDeveloper 11.6 installed here.

Now, coming to your actual installation error, do NOT use this command "setup -jreLoc %JAVA_HOME%". Instead just double click on Setup.exe or open a dos window, navigate to that folder and just type setup.exe. The point is do not give -jreLoc. NOW it will prompt to enter full JDK Path. Here you carefuly type full jdk path something like this "C:\Oracle\Java\jdk1.6.0_24_32Bit" (this is on my side...). It should work now.

Caution. While installing any oracle software do not use folder names with spaces. Like c:\Program Files\ etc. Spaces in folder names may be an issue. So avoid that.

Since you are starting all this fresh, I would recommend doing it in the right and correct way to avoid any future issues. It may take few hours of extra time that is totally worth.

Re: Weblogic 10.3.5 install on Windows

Thanks
          Ravi Jegg
          • 2. Re: bpm 11.1.1.6 installation is failing to start
            1) I am using Weblogic generic installer which is fit for 64 bit machine
            2) My JDK is 64 bit as well. Please see below

java version "1.7.0_05"
            Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.7.0_05-b06)
            Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 23.1-b03, mixed mode)

3) Got latest version of Java as stated above

4) My JDK location is "C:\Program Files\Java". Will it cause any problem??

5) My SOA suite location is

C:\FMWSTAGE\SOASuite\Disk1>setup -jreLoc "C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_33"

Middleware home is C:\Oracle\Middleware

I am still not getting any clue..This set up is truly acting as a pain now. Any help is appreciated.
            • 3. Re: bpm 11.1.1.6 installation is failing to start
              Ravi Jegga
              Hi
              4. As mentioned in past some users faced issues with folder names having spaces. They got it fixed somehow. But since you are starting from scratch, why don't you install in a different folder as mentioned earlier.

5. Please refer my last post NOT to use this command "setup -jreLoc %JAVA_HOME%". Instead just double click on setup.exe
              Now, coming to your actual installation error, do NOT use this command "setup -jreLoc %JAVA_HOME%". Instead just double click on Setup.exe or open a dos window, navigate to that folder and just type setup.exe. The point is do not give -jreLoc. NOW it will prompt to enter full JDK Path. Here you carefuly type full jdk path something like this "C:\Oracle\Java\jdk1.6.0_24_32Bit" (this is on my side...). It should work now.

Thanks
              Ravi Jegga