3 Replies Latest reply: Jul 30, 2012 5:26 AM by Pankaj RSS

Delete a record from cz_config_items table or change the config_effective_d

I have a requirement to delete a record from the cz_config_items table, I have not found any oracle standard api to do that, can you guys knows any method to do that without deleting from the seeded table. OR can you guys tell me any way to chage the effectivity date of the preconfiguration i.e., change the config_effectivity_date to sysdate.

Thanks,
      Venkat
        • 1. Re: Delete a record from cz_config_items table or change the config_effective_d
          Pankaj
          Can you look at the DELETE_CONFIGURATION API in Implementation Guide?

Can you explain your requirement in detail like why do you want to change config_effective_date? what is the exact requirement? usually you should be able to control this date from calling application.
          • 2. Re: Delete a record from cz_config_items table or change the config_effective_d
            Delete configuration api deletes the entire copied configuration, my requirement is, I need to delete only the end dated item in the BOM for this configuration.

My requirement is like I have pre configurations called as *items, I have one custom copy configuration package which uses the api copy configuration which simply copies all the line items in the cz_config_items table. Even though there is an end dated item in the BOM, still this copy configuration is coying the same items in the sales order lines, I want the new configurations to be validated with the new data and delete the end dated BOM items in the pre configurations. I have written a logic to validate the BOm item and delete the end dated item from the cz_config_items table. Is there any other way to do this? or how can we contro from the calling application OM, is there any profile option setting etc?

Edited by: 949723 on 30-Jul-2012 03:10

Edited by: 949723 on 30-Jul-2012 03:11
            • 3. Re: Delete a record from cz_config_items table or change the config_effective_d
              Pankaj
              You should not change config_item table manually.

Instead of doing manual change in config_effective_date, I feel the better way would be - Open the configurator in batch validate mode (Look implementation guide for detail) passing required effectivity date in it and then save configuration. You can use use the new config hdr id and rev number. This should remove ineffective items from configurator in standard way - taking care of all rules and logically selected items.