This discussion is archived
5 Replies Latest reply: Jul 30, 2012 9:34 AM by hqt200475 RSS

OEM stopped working

hqt200475 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi,

I have a Test-RAC-Sytem (release 11.2.0.3 ) on 2 Linux RH 5.4/X86-64 and managed is until one week ago with a working Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM/IE9),
Today I tried to start the OEM again! It worked no more! No information of the cluster and database were shown (no host, nothing)

At the top right corner of the browser the notification :"certificate error" is displayed.

The EM Daemon is running!
[oracle@stb ~]$ emctl status dbconsole
Oracle Enterprise Manager 11g Database Control Release 11.2.0.3.0
Copyright (c) 1996, 2011 Oracle Corporation.  All rights reserved.
https://dwh:1158/em/console/aboutApplication
EM Daemon is running.
------------------------------------------------------------------
Logs are generated in directory /u01/app/oracle/product/11.2.0.3/dbhome_1/stb_rac/sysman/log
I am clueless! Can anyone help me?

regards

hqt200475

Notes:
I have a standalone DB on one node of this RAC-Systen and can control this database with the OEM, although the error "certiface error" is shown.
  • 1. Re: OEM stopped working
    713555 Pro
    hqt200475 wrote:
    Hi,

I have a Test-RAC-Sytem (release 11.2.0.3 ) on 2 Linux RH 5.4/X86-64 and managed is until one week ago with a working Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM/IE9),
    Today I tried to start the OEM again! It worked no more! No information of the cluster and database were shown (no host, nothing)

At the top right corner of the browser the notification :"certificate error" is displayed.

The EM Daemon is running!
    [oracle@stb ~]$ emctl status dbconsole
    Oracle Enterprise Manager 11g Database Control Release 11.2.0.3.0
    Copyright (c) 1996, 2011 Oracle Corporation.  All rights reserved.
    https://dwh:1158/em/console/aboutApplication
    EM Daemon is running.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------
    Logs are generated in directory /u01/app/oracle/product/11.2.0.3/dbhome_1/stb_rac/sysman/log
    I am clueless! Can anyone help me?
    did you allow the certificate in your browser? maybe something on your security has changed.,
  • 2. Re: OEM stopped working
    Osama_Mustafa Oracle ACE
    How to setup Enterprise Manager Database Control for SSL (HTTPS) secure connection [ID 276950.1]
    How To Drop, Create And Recreate the Database Control (DB Control) Release 10g and 11g [ID 278100.1]
  • 3. Re: OEM stopped working
    hqt200475 Newbie
    deebee_eh wrote:
    did you allow the certificate in your browser? maybe something on your security has changed.,
    My answer: I changed nothing! the system was in the last days down!

Now I can connect securely the oem over port 1158, but no details were displayed! It showed only:
    Cluster Database : rac 

The database status is currently unavailable. It is possible that the database is in mount or nomount state. 
    Click 'Startup' to obtain the current status and open the database. If the database cannot be opened, click 'Perform Recovery' to perform an appropriate recovery operation. 
    I tried to start the database "rac" up. But it ran already !

In "cluster"-part I cannot open the tabs "home", "Targets", "Interconnects" and "Topology"

Edited by: hqt200475 on Jul 30, 2012 7:23 AM
  • 4. Re: OEM stopped working
    jgarry Guru
    try changing to the directory where you run the[url http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E11857_01/em.111/e16790/emctl.htm#BABEFBDI] agent, then:
    ./emctl status agent
    Look at the dates of the log files in all directories you can find with log files in them. You probably have errors in there.

Be careful about blindly following MOS notes, they can lead you down the garden path to insanity. At least understand the commands they say before you run them.
  • 5. Re: OEM stopped working
    hqt200475 Newbie
    thanks

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points