TeeChelt wrote:Most likely that changed the IP address the listener was using -- changed it to something useful.
Thanks for your post.
Things now appear to be working OK but I can't for the life of me understand why. Here is what I did:
1) Change the Listener host field from LOCALHOST to <Machine Name>
2) Stop the Oracle Instance service and set its startup to ManualThe first one, allowing the listener to use the correct IP address.
3) Restart the machine
4) Start the Oracle Instance service manually.
When I tested the machine names in Net manager, it worked OK. I then set the Oracle Instance service startup back to Automatic and restarted the machine and I am still able to connect OK.
I still am not sure which combination of the steps above (if any) fixed the problem though as there isn't too much of a logic to it.