3 Replies Latest reply: Jul 30, 2012 11:52 PM by Kgronau-Oracle RSS

Oracle Transparent Gateway for ODBC

tx103108
      Is the Oracle Transparent Gateway for ODBC only available on Windows platforms? ODBC drivers are available for Linux and *nix platforms but it appears from reading the documentation that you can only install the Oracle Transparent Gateway for ODBC on a Windows O/S.  However, I also found a certification matrix that shows the following O/Ses certified with Oracle DB 10g/11g and the ODBC Gateway:

RH 4,5 and OEL 4,5 and SLSE 10
      Solaris 9 (update 6), 10
      AIX 5.3
      HP-UX 11.23, 11.31

The Oracle 11gR1 database that will use the gateway is running on RH 5.

Cheers!

Edited by: user601798 on Jul 12, 2012 12:57 PM
        • 1. Re: Oracle Transparent Gateway for ODBC
          Kgronau-Oracle
          The ODBC gateway is called Database Gateway for ODBC and it is available for several Unix platforms.

Have a look at the certification matrix which can be found here:
          http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/database/gateways/certmatrix-168347.pdf

Edited by: kgronau on Jul 13, 2012 6:35 AM

When you have access to My Oracle Support portal, then you can check out the note:
          How to Configure DG4ODBC on 64bit Unix OS (Linux, Solaris, AIX, HP-UX Itanium) to Connect to Non-Oracle Databases Post Install          [Document 561033.1]     

which gives you a step by step instruction how to configure DG4ODBC release 11.
          • 2. Re: Oracle Transparent Gateway for ODBC
            tx103108
            Thanks ... how do I get this document that you referred to?
            Where can I get Sybase Client and ODBC drivers for Linux so I can use the Oracle Gateway for ODBC? (Preferrably the Sybase products for free on Linux).
            Or are you aware of a Client-less (Wire Protocol) ODBC driver for Sybase?

Cheers!

Edited by: user601798 on Jul 30, 2012 2:44 PM
            • 3. Re: Oracle Transparent Gateway for ODBC
              Kgronau-Oracle
              The document can be found using the Oracle Support portal: http://support.oracle.com.