7 Replies Latest reply: Jul 31, 2012 2:13 AM by 952693 RSS

confuse with webcenter portal framework installation

Hi,
      I am a newer on WebCenter Portal.
      I have successfully installed WebCenter Portal PS5 (WC_Spaces, WC_Utilities, WC_Collaboration, WC_Portlet) on a local notebook with platform windows 7. They work fine.
      Now I am trying to get the framework applications up and run. The documents of guide cannot clearly tell me how to make it a success.
      Guide url: http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E23943_01/webcenter.1111/e12405/wcadm_getstarted_app.htm#BABHGEDGi
      -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Question 1: It shows that we have to first install JDev. However, as before the weblogic 10.3.6 had been installed with the webcenter portal, JDev has integrated another weblogic 10.3.4. So how can they work together as the server of webcenter portal? What roles will the two weblogics play?
      -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      The JDev and WebCenter Portal's Extension have been installed.
      when deploy the framework application:(http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E23943_01/webcenter.1111/e12405/wcadm_getstarted_app.htm#BABHGEDGi)
      Creating a Managed Server

Creating and Registering the Metadata Service Repository

Deploying the Application to a WebLogic Managed Server
      --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Question 2: The first two are fine. For step 3, I Deploying Applications Using Fusion Middleware Control. But the tutorials don't show where can we find the archive file? Is there any detailed or more clear guide? Besides, there are many framework applicaitons (such as mail, link), should we deploy every application or are they integrated together for deployment?

Looking forward for your help. Thanks.
        • 1. Re: confuse with webcenter portal framework installation
          Jiri.Machotka-Oracle
          As for #2 it is described in detal here: http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E21764_01/core.1111/e10105/deploy.htm#BIHBAECB

As for #1, I guess that for
          JDev has integrated another weblogic 10.3.4
          you mean the integrated app server. If so, you can consider this one as DEV, and the other as PROD or TEST environment. It should be OK (only if you run both of them you will need some more computing power and memory). Just sometimes new versions of products (such as WebCenter) require new versions of app server. Check what version of WebCenter Framework you have and whether it is supported by both 10.3.4 and 10.3.6
          • 2. Re: confuse with webcenter portal framework installation
            ngsankar
            Here is my about your questions,
            1) Actually jdev 11.1.1.6 is coming with WLS 10.3.5 , ADF 11.1.1.6 (ADF BC etc..) and jdk 1.6_24, So you can develop the portal project and deploy in to WLS 10.3.6

2)For MDS You can refer below
            https://blogs.oracle.com/ATEAM_WEBCENTER/entry/webcenter_custom_portal_app_what

Let us know if this answers your ?
            • 3. Re: confuse with webcenter portal framework installation
              Thanks very much for your answer.

I have before reviewed the link you provided for Q2, but I cannot quit follow. JDev is also new to me. I will try to address it later, and any questions, hopefully to get your help.

For Q1, now I just want to have a general idea about the mechanism of webcenter portal applications and framework applications. Technical operations are too much for me.
              As you know, the portal applications (Server WC_Spaces, WC_Collaboration, ...) are run on weblogic (I use 10.3.6) installed with WC Portal. But the JDev are installed in another folder different from WC (cannot in the same folder). The installation package for JDev 11.1.1.6 includes weblogic 10.3.5, and they are installed together. So when we use Jdev to run framework applications, they might run on the default integrated weblogic 10.3.5.
              Can we not use the default weblogic 10.3.5 but link the JDev to the weblogic installed for WC Portal? If yes, how to link?
              If not, then the portal applications run on weblogic 10.3.6, but the framework application run on weblogic 10.3.5 in JDev. Is it actual from your experience?
              • 4. Re: confuse with webcenter portal framework installation
                Thanks. Your answer verifies my guess.
                But deploy the applications in JDev to weblogic 10.3.6 is still a challenge for me. Maybe I should carefully read the document to get a more clear idea on that.
                • 5. Re: confuse with webcenter portal framework installation
                  Maxime Carrier
                  Hi,

for question #2, I agree with you that it is not simple to deploy a WebCenter Project. With all the doc already given in this thread, you have good basics. If you want more infos, this tutorial explain the Step 3 - Deploying the Application to a WebLogic Managed Server you talked about in your question: http://adfwebcenter.blogspot.ca/2012/01/deploying-webcenter-application-simple.html

There is also Yannick Ongena book that gives a simple way to do it, in the 13 ^th^ chapter: http://www.yonaweb.be/book_webcenter_11g_administration_cookbook

Hope these links will help you ;)
                  • 6. Re: confuse with webcenter portal framework installation
                    Hi Maxime,
                    Thanks for ur advice.
                    I tried to deploy the applications to IntegratedWeblogic (download with JDev) and it deployed successfully. But when I try to deploy it to WebLogic 10.3.6 installed with webcenter, there are warnings. MDS configuration information appears invalid in a popping windows.

[11:59:39 AM] ---- Deployment started. ----
                    [11:59:39 AM] Target platform is (Weblogic 10.3).
                    [11:59:39 AM] Retrieving existing application information
                    [11:59:39 AM] Running dependency analysis...
                    [11:59:39 AM] Building...
                    [11:59:39 AM] Moving WEB-INF/adfc-config.xml to META-INF/adfc-config.xml
                    [11:59:39 AM] Wrote Archive Module to E:\users\zhatan\mywork\TestAppFram\PortalWebAssets\deploy\PortalWebAssets.jar
                    [11:59:43 AM] Deploying 3 profiles...
                    [11:59:44 AM] Exporting portlet metadata and customizations.
                    [11:59:44 AM] Wrote MAR file to E:\users\zhatan\mywork\TestAppFram\deploy\AutoGeneratedMar.mar
                    [11:59:44 AM] Warning: ADF View integration with MDS not configured for 'Portal.jpr', JSPX, JSFF files or their Customizations in MAR will be ignored at runtime. Enable Seeded Customizations setting under ADF View option in Project properties to configure MDS integration.
                    [11:59:45 AM] Wrote Web Application Module to E:\users\zhatan\mywork\TestAppFram\Portal\deploy\TestAppFram_webapp1.war
                    [11:59:45 AM] Info: Namespace '/oracle/adf/share/prefs' is mapped to deploy-target metadata-store-usage 'WebCenterFileMetadataStore' in adf-config.xml but no metadata from the namespace is included in the MAR.
                    [11:59:45 AM] Info: Namespace '/oracle/webcenter/lifecycle/importexport' is mapped to deploy-target metadata-store-usage 'WebCenterFileMetadataStore' in adf-config.xml but no metadata from the namespace is included in the MAR.
                    [11:59:45 AM] Info: Namespace '/oracle/webcenter/lock' is mapped to deploy-target metadata-store-usage 'WebCenterFileMetadataStore' in adf-config.xml but no metadata from the namespace is included in the MAR.
                    [11:59:45 AM] Info: Namespace '/oracle/webcenter/rc' is mapped to deploy-target metadata-store-usage 'WebCenterFileMetadataStore' in adf-config.xml but no metadata from the namespace is included in the MAR.
                    [11:59:45 AM] Info: Namespace '/persdef' is mapped to deploy-target metadata-store-usage 'WebCenterFileMetadataStore' in adf-config.xml but no metadata from the namespace is included in the MAR.
                    [11:59:45 AM] Info: Namespace '/shared/oracle/wcps' is mapped to deploy-target metadata-store-usage 'WebCenterFileMetadataStore' in adf-config.xml but no metadata from the namespace is included in the MAR.
                    [11:59:45 AM] Info: Namespace '/xliffBundles' is mapped to deploy-target metadata-store-usage 'WebCenterFileMetadataStore' in adf-config.xml but no metadata from the namespace is included in the MAR.
                    [11:59:45 AM] Info: Namespace '/oracle/webcenter/search/scopedMD' is mapped to deploy-target metadata-store-usage 'WebCenterFileMetadataStore' in adf-config.xml but no metadata from the namespace is included in the MAR.
                    [11:59:45 AM] Info: Namespace '/oracle/webcenter/framework/scope/scopedMD' is mapped to deploy-target metadata-store-usage 'WebCenterFileMetadataStore' in adf-config.xml but no metadata from the namespace is included in the MAR.
                    [11:59:45 AM] Info: Namespace '/oracle/webcenter/page/scopedMD' is mapped to deploy-target metadata-store-usage 'WebCenterFileMetadataStore' in adf-config.xml but no metadata from the namespace is included in the MAR.
                    [11:59:45 AM] Info: Namespace '/pageDefs' is mapped to deploy-target metadata-store-usage 'WebCenterFileMetadataStore' in adf-config.xml but no metadata from the namespace is included in the MAR.
                    [11:59:45 AM] Info: Namespace '/oracle/adf/portlet' is mapped to deploy-target metadata-store-usage 'WebCenterFileMetadataStore' in adf-config.xml but no metadata from the namespace is included in the MAR.
                    [11:59:45 AM] Info: Namespace '/oracle/adf/portletappscope' is mapped to deploy-target metadata-store-usage 'WebCenterFileMetadataStore' in adf-config.xml but no metadata from the namespace is included in the MAR.
                    [11:59:45 AM] Info: Namespace '/oracle/webcenter/doclib/scopedMD' is mapped to deploy-target metadata-store-usage 'WebCenterFileMetadataStore' in adf-config.xml but no metadata from the namespace is included in the MAR.
                    [11:59:45 AM] Info: Namespace '/oracle/webcenter/security/scopedMD' is mapped to deploy-target metadata-store-usage 'WebCenterFileMetadataStore' in adf-config.xml but no metadata from the namespace is included in the MAR.
                    [11:59:45 AM] Info: Namespace '/oracle/webcenter/siteresources/shared' is mapped to deploy-target metadata-store-usage 'WebCenterFileMetadataStore' in adf-config.xml but no metadata from the namespace is included in the MAR.
                    [11:59:45 AM] Info: Namespace '/oracle/webcenter/quicklinks/scopedMD' is mapped to deploy-target metadata-store-usage 'WebCenterFileMetadataStore' in adf-config.xml but no metadata from the namespace is included in the MAR.
                    [11:59:45 AM] Wrote Enterprise Application Module to E:\users\zhatan\mywork\TestAppFram\deploy\TestAppFram_application1.ear
                    [11:59:45 AM] Entering Oracle Deployment Plan Editor
                    [11:59:49 AM] Deploying Application...
                    [11:59:50 AM] [Deployer:149191]Operation 'deploy' on application 'TestAppFram_application1 [Version=V2.0]' is initializing on 'WC_Spaces'

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    As I was a bit familiar with the applicaiton deployment process, I want to know how can I create webcenter portal framework applications using Jdev. Although I have tried it, I am wondering whether it is in the right process. Thus, a guide may be helpful for me.
                    • 7. Re: confuse with webcenter portal framework installation
                      Thanks for all your help.

I have successfully deployed the applications using JDev.

Although JDev has been installed with weblogic as IntegratedWeblogic, JDev can deploy applications to any compatible servers that can be connected, such as the weblogic used in webcenter. Therefore, we can link the application server to the weblogic we used in webcenter.

For deployment, we have to specify the database connection, application server and the right instance (WC_CustomPortal).