This discussion is archived
5 Replies Latest reply: Jul 31, 2012 5:10 AM by EdStevens RSS

reason for account unlock

817236 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi,

I'm using oracle 10gR2, What are all the possible ways to find out the reason how a user got locked.
I don't find any info in alert log file.

Regards,
Sivakumar G
  • 1. Re: reason for account unlock
    Osama_Mustafa Oracle ACE
    The user has entered wrong password consequently for maximum number of times specified by the user"s profile parameter FAILED_LOGIN_ATTEMPTS, or the DBA has locked the account.
    and information not listed in alert log for account locked .
  • 2. Re: reason for account unlock
    817236 Newbie
    yes i agree. but as a DBA i want to find the details of user like hostname,os user,etc who locked the account or if any dba locked then his details.

Regards,
    Sivakumar G
  • 3. Re: reason for account unlock
    anand prakash - oracle Pro
    yes i agree. but as a DBA i want to find the details of user like hostname,os user,etc who locked the account or if any dba locked then his details.
    You can use audit..Mostly the reason for account lock is invalid password. You can use "audit session whenever not successful;"

Anand
  • 4. Re: reason for account unlock
    Osama_Mustafa Oracle ACE
    SivaG wrote:

Regards,
    Sivakumar G
    you can get hostname from the below query :
    http://www.oracle-base.com/articles/misc/identifying-host-names-and-addresses.php

you can't get information about who locked the account , no one can expect DBA or same user by enter wrong password
  • 5. Re: reason for account unlock
    EdStevens Guru
    Osama-mustafa wrote:
    SivaG wrote:

Regards,
    Sivakumar G
    you can get hostname from the below query :
    http://www.oracle-base.com/articles/misc/identifying-host-names-and-addresses.php
    Nothing at that link comes close to addressing the OP's question of "who did something in the past". Why did you even bother?
    >
    you can't get information about who locked the account , no one can expect DBA or same user by enter wrong password
    Yes, you can get that information if you have proper auditing turned on. And proper auditing is almost always the only way to find out "who did something in the past".

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points