This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: Nov 8, 2012 7:35 AM by TimothyC RSS

Setting Up Shared Development Environment

TimothyC Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Is there any diagrams, white papers, guides or best practices on setting up the J-Developer and connecting to shared Services and database? The Developer guide (E10148.pdf) does not really cover what the standards is or the overall infrastructure of the JDeveloper and setting up a Shared Developer enviroment.

I looking for something like http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E25178_01/fusionapps.1111/e15524/gs_install_e.htm but for (11.1.1.6.0) version webcenter.

I basically looking for something to help me get our Shared Development Environment setup with Jdeveloper.
  • 1. Re: Setting Up Shared Development Environment
    734958 Explorer
    Hi TimothyC,

Would like to share code, something like SVN, CVS?

I know that Jdev has a plugin to code version control, but I'm using a external named TortoiseSVN.
  • 2. Re: Setting Up Shared Development Environment
    TimothyC Newbie
    The issue is connecting the Jdeveloper to the WebCenter DS and Activity DS schemas. In the Development guide it says I need to connect to these schemas to be able to utilize several of the WebCenter Services, ( http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E21764_01/webcenter.1111/e10148/jpsdg_svc_intro.htm#BHCDJHAI - 7.2.2 Setting Up a Database Connection
    )
    We are trying to set up the connection to our shared development environment database. Our database group is concerned with giving developers access to these schemas. They are concerned that JDeveloper will changes or modify the schema and cause the database to fail. They created a account with read only access but we are not sure it this will work.

I been trying to find anything in the documentation to find what access JDeveloper needs to the WebCenter DS and Activity DS schemas and if JDeveloper can modify these schema in any way.
    Additionally try to find anything on the best practices on connecting to a shared database and setting up a Development environment and its connection to Jdeveloper .
  • 3. Re: Setting Up Shared Development Environment
    TimothyC Newbie
    We solved this by setting up a developer account that has read access to the Schemas, this allows us to see the MDS and use teh WebCenter Customizations.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points