This discussion is archived
7 Replies Latest reply: Dec 13, 2012 11:39 PM by Ajay Sharma RSS

How to use import command on production environment ?

Ajay Sharma Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi OAF Gurus,

I want to know about OAF production environment and Development environment, differences between them and how to use import command on production environment ?

Regards

Ajay Sharma
  • 1. Re: How to use import command on production environment ?
    Srini-999 Newbie
    Hi Ajay,

y u need run the import command in production environment......??tell me what is your requirement? u did any customizations or personlizations(Dev/Test) just move the server(FTP) , once create document root path(Profile Options) then import/export(Functional Adimnistratior responsibilty),

Regards,
    Srini
  • 2. Re: How to use import command on production environment ?
    Sushant Sharma Expert
    Hi,

1) The technical team should test all transaction programs, test scripts, data conversions, and the database itself, in a test or development instance of the database.
    Production instance is the online transaction processing database. It will be fully configured with security, and tuned performance parameters and architecture. Everyone's agenda is toward getting the systems from development instance into production.

2) Use the below script to import pages from server:
    Pass the paramters accordingly.

echo Start
    echo *********************************************************************
    echo The username is $1
    echo The password is $2
    echo The hostname is $3
    echo The port is $4
    echo The service name is $5
    echo The Instance name is $6
    chmod 777 *
    echo Migration of OAF Pages Started
    java oracle.jrad.tools.xml.importer.XMLImporter <path of page on server> -username $1 -password $2 -rootdir $JAVA_TOP/ -dbconnection "(DESCRIPTION= (ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=tcp)(HOST=$3)(PORT=$4)) (CONNECT_DATA= (SERVICE_NAME=$5) (INSTANCE_NAME=$6)))"
    echo Migration of OAF Pages Completed

--Sushant                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           
  • 3. Re: How to use import command on production environment ?
    Ajay Sharma Newbie
    Hi,

Requirement is, my boss told me that if any developer did any customizations or personalizations he will just copy files from his machine to server he don't need to use import command from his machine. That command will be used by production environment people i.e on server itself. But on server we don't have jdevloper then how to use import ?

Regards
    Ajay
  • 4. Re: How to use import command on production environment ?
    Sushant Sharma Expert
    Hi,

The above script i provided is for running on server only. There is no need for JDev to be installed there.

--Sushant                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               
  • 5. Re: How to use import command on production environment ?
    Ajay Sharma Newbie
    Hi Sushant,

Sorry for the late reply.

I want to know that using which user I need to execute this script ?

oracle database user / apps user / root user

Regards,
    Ajay
  • 6. Re: How to use import command on production environment ?
    Sushant Sharma Expert
    Hi,

You have to give apps username and password to run the script.

--Sushant                                                                                                                                                                               
  • 7. Re: How to use import command on production environment ?
    Ajay Sharma Newbie
    Hi,

I used the command as applmgr
    java oracle.jrad.tools.xml.importer.XMLImporter <path of page on server> -username $1 -password $2 -rootdir $JAVA_TOP/ -dbconnection "(DESCRIPTION= (ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=tcp)(HOST=$3)(PORT=$4)) (CONNECT_DATA= (SERVICE_NAME=$5) (INSTANCE_NAME=$6)))"
    i didn't used any script i just executed this command with appropriate values. but I got following exception
    NL EXCEPTION was generated
    What does it mean ?

Regards,
    Ajay Sharma

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points