6 Replies Latest reply: Aug 3, 2012 11:56 AM by 935632 RSS

Weblogic 10.3.6 deploy error

I have been trying to deploy a ADF application for sometime without any success.

I am using JDev 11.1.2.2.0. The applications run successfully in the IntegratedWebLogicServer and now I want to deploy the application to a stand alone Weblogic server.

On another machine I installed Weblogic 10.3.6 and the ADF_runtime 11.1.1.6.0. When looking at the Enterprise Manager or Console it appears the server is up and running.

But when I try to deploy the application I get this error from JDeveloper

[01:10:12 PM] ---- Deployment started. ----
      [01:10:12 PM] Target platform is (Weblogic 10.3).
      [01:10:12 PM] Retrieving existing application information
      [01:10:12 PM] Running dependency analysis...
      [01:10:12 PM] Building...
      [01:10:18 PM] Deploying 3 profiles...
      [01:10:18 PM] Wrote Web Application Module to D:\work\Projects\ecspy\cspy\WebView\deploy\cspy.war
      [01:10:20 PM] Wrote EJB Module to D:\work\Projects\ecspy\cspy\EJBModel\deploy\cspyEJB.jar
      [01:10:20 PM] Wrote Enterprise Application Module to D:\work\Projects\ecspy\cspy\deploy\cspy.ear
      [01:10:21 PM] Deploying Application...
      [01:10:22 PM] [Deployer:149191]Operation 'deploy' on application 'cspy' is initializing on 'ADFServer'
      [01:10:22 PM] [Deployer:149193]Operation 'deploy' on application 'cspy' has failed on 'ADFServer'
      [01:10:22 PM] [Deployer:149034]An exception occurred for task [Deployer:149026]deploy application cspy on ADFServer.: Failed to load webapp: 'cspy'.
      [01:10:22 PM] Weblogic Server Exception: weblogic.application.ModuleException: Failed to load webapp: 'cspy'
      [01:10:22 PM] Caused by: weblogic.management.DeploymentException: Error: Unresolved Webapp Library references for "ServletContext@47188615[app:cspy module:cspy path:/cspy spec-version:2.5]", defined in weblogic.xml [Extension-Name: jsf, Specification-Version: 2, exact-match: false]
      [01:10:22 PM] See server logs or server console for more details.
      [01:10:22 PM] weblogic.application.ModuleException: Failed to load webapp: 'cspy'
      [01:10:22 PM] Deployment cancelled.
      [01:10:22 PM] ---- Deployment incomplete ----.
      [01:10:22 PM] Remote deployment failed (oracle.jdevimpl.deploy.common.Jsr88RemoteDeployer)

I heard there is a patch that needs to be installed? Is that correct? If so where do I download it. Any help is appreciated.

Ron
        • 1. Re: Weblogic 10.3.6 deploy error
          Kalyan Pasupuleti-Oracle
          Hi Ron,

Follow Note 801398.1 to configure WebLogic Server to work with ADF.
          If nodemanager is used to start Managed Server, edit nodemanager.properties and set StartScriptEnabled=true
          Create a Sample Application in JDeveloper:

Create a 'Fusion Web Application ADF' using default options.

Open Web Content-> Page Flows -> adfc-config.

Then, add a view called view1 selecting Component Palette -> Add Task Flow -> View

Double click in the center column, and add an Output Text selecting Component Palette -> Common Components -> Output

Create the EAR File using Application -> Deploy -> Deploy to EAR -> Finish

Deploy the application created in step 2 in the Managed Server.

Test the application accessing http://<MyManagedServer>:<MyManagedServerPort>/<Context>/faces/view1

Please follow this way to deploy the app.

Regards,
          Kal
          • 2. Re: Weblogic 10.3.6 deploy error
            Thanks Kal,
            How do I find note 801398.1?
            • 3. Re: Weblogic 10.3.6 deploy error
              1)Login to http://myoraclesupport.com/

2)In the search box in the top right hand corner,enter the ID - "801398.1" and hit Enter.

You need to have a valid support contract to login to the website.

-Sandeep
              • 4. Re: Weblogic 10.3.6 deploy error
                Sandeep,
                When I try to access the document I get this error:

Document cannot be displayed. Possible reasons are:

The document id was entered incorrectly. Please check and try again.
                The document id does not exist (was referenced incorrectly).
                The document is not classified as publicly accessible ("non-public").
                The content is being updated and it is temporarily unavailable but will be made available again soon.

If you still have questions about why you could not access this article or bug, please use Contact Us.
                • 5. Re: Weblogic 10.3.6 deploy error
                  Kalyan Pasupuleti-Oracle
                  Hi,

Here are the following details.

The process of setting up and running a WebLogic Server to handle ADF 11g applications appears to be causing some confusion. Therefor we documented the basic steps required to setup and configure WebLogic (both and Admin server and a Managed server) for ADF Applications in this note.

The steps below have been tested with WebLogic 10.3.0 and JDeveloper 11.1.1.0.1 build 5188. Keep in mind that specific certifications exists for combinations of WebLogic server and ADF. For certified environments see:
                  Oracle JDeveloper and Application Development Framework 11g - Certification and Support Matrix

Install WebLogic into a new BEA home, for example C:\builds\WLS10_3
                  While installing you can go for a custom install and deselect the following which you won’t need:
                  Workshop
                  Web 2.0 http pub-sub server
                  Weblogic Web Server Plugins
                  UDDI and Xquery Support
                  Server Examples
                  Select the JVM that you want to use, for example JRockit.
                  For testing purposes it is not necessary to install the node manager service. If you use the Node Manager to start a managed server then some additional configuration is needed to run ADF applications. Therefor use the commandline to start the admin server and managed servers.
                  Complete the install sticking to the defaults, but uncheck the Quickstart option on the last screen
                  Now run the JDeveloper install on the target machine
                  Choose option "existing middleware home" in the home type and select the home that you just created for the server install (e.g. C:\builds\WLS10_3 in my case)
                  On the product selection screen make sure that both JDeveloper Studio and ADF Runtime are installed.
                  Run the install.
                  Now run the Configuration Wizard from the start menu
                  Create a new WebLogic domain
                  Choose the first option on the next screen to pre-configure the domain with both WebLogic Server and ADF
                  Create the admin user as weblogic/weblogic (or whatever). As we’re trying to emulate a production instance here choose production mode and JRockit as the VM
                  On the next screen you can choose to customize things like the ports - so choose yes there so we can reassign out server to use ports 80 and 81
                  Just choose next on the RDBMS security store page
                  On the configure the Admin Server page set the port to 81
                  On the next page Add one managed server called ManagedServer and set the port to 80
                  No need for clustering in this simple case so next through the cluster page
                  Create a machine on the next screen. If you are using a machine with a known DNS name and fixed IP address use that. or just create a arbitrary name such as LocalMachine if this is all for local testing
                  Next through to the summary screen
                  In the Create WebLogic Domain screen change the name of the domain to ADFDomain and press create.
                  Finish the wizard.
                  Now from the command line start the AdminServer with the script (in my case):
                  C:\builds\WLS10_3\user_projects\domains\ADFDomain\bin\startWeblogic.cmd
                  You need to specify the username and password if you defined the Domain in production mode.
                  Once the AdminServer is started run the console at http://localhost:81/console
                  In the console, click deployments in the Domain Structure tree You should see the following Deployments:
                  * adf.oracle.domain(1.0,11.1.1.0.0)
                  * jsf(1.2,1.2.7.1)
                  * jstl(1.2,1.2.0.1)
                  Press Lock and edit in the change center box at the top left of the screen.
                  Drill down through each of the Deployments and select the Targets tab. For each one check the checkbox for both the ManagedServer and the AdminServer
                  Save each deployment change as you make it
                  Finally press the Activate Changes button when they are all done.
                  Now to start the ManagedServer - use the command line for this:
                  C:\builds\WLS10_3\user_projects\domains\ADFDomain\bin\startManagedWeblogic.cmd ManagedServer http://localhost:80
                  Now we can run ADF applications on both servers
                  Now from JDeveloper you will be able to create a Server connection when you deploy the application using port 81 (the AdminServer) and the domain name of ADFDomain.
                  When you deploy an application it should prompt to deploy to either the AdminServer or the managed server.

Regards,
                  Kal
                  • 6. Re: Weblogic 10.3.6 deploy error
                    Hi Kal,
                    Thanks for the input. I was checking the checking the certifications for my setup and found that I need ADF patch 11.1.2.x. How do I get this?

Here is my setup:
                    1. JDeveloper 11.1.2.2.0
                    2. Weblogic 10.3.6
                    3. ADF Application Development Run-time 11.1.1.6, which requires the 11.1.2.x patch according to this website:

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/developer-tools/adf/downloads/index.html

My first attempt was to install the webloic server, then the ADF application run-time (11.1.1.6). This configuration is giving me the error above so I am thinking I am missing the patch.

Thanks,
                    Ron