I've started a new project where I'll be using JD Edwards as the source system to extract the following data -
* Operating Costs - operating costs against every cost centre and expense element combination
* Workforce Data - Salary, oncosts information for all employees
* Capital expenditure - Capital project/ fixed assets hierarchy and related capital expenditure data
* Revenue information -
* General Ledger accounts - for balance sheet and P&L
Not sure if my terminology is correct above as I've not used JD Edwards before.
Now It will be great if someone can answer my following basic questions -
* Can you please tell me the table numbers from where I can extract the above mentioned information in JD Edwards.
* How is operating costs stored in JD Edwards - Is it by cost centre and expense element combination.
* What is the term used for expense element or expense type? How do you identify different expense types ?
* How can I see what a GL account is made of ?