11 Replies Latest reply on Aug 13, 2012 12:32 PM by 954806

Not able to Install Webcenter site 11g R1 (11.1.1.6.0)  in my local PC

1. I downloaded hsqldb 2.2.8 and set up the database, the connection properties are

TYPE      :     HSQL Database Engine In-Memory
           Driver     :     org.hsqldb.jdbc.JDBCDriver
           URL     :     jdbc:hsqldb:mem:.
           USER     :     SA
           Password:

2. I started the database server and created a sample table 'emp'.

3. Downloaded tomcat 6.0.35 and in context.xml i did the below entry to make the hsqldb connection, and copies hsqldb.jar into lib folder of Tomcat

<Resource auth="Container" defaultTransactionIsolation="READ_UNCOMMITTED" description="Tomcat Connection Pool" driverClassName="org.hsqldb.jdbc.JDBCDriver" initialSize="1" maxActive="100" maxWait="7500" name="csDataSource" password="" scope="Shareable" type="javax.sql.DataSource" url="jdbc:hsqldb:hsql://localhost/" username="SA"/>

4. In catalina.properties i setup the classpath for cas.properties or else the tomcat throwing the error saying not able to identify cas.properties.
      The entry is given below

shared.loader=C:/Sri/installables/fatwire/bin

5. From oracle i downloaded ofm_sites_generic_11.1.1.6.0_disk1_1of1.zip i extracted all the content

6. To install the webcenter site content server, i clicked csInstall.bat under C:\Sri\FatWire\ContentServer

7. It started and installing the server upto 70% then a dialog box pop up with the following message

Do not click OK until you have completed all of the following steps:

1. If your platform requires you to manually deploy the Oracle
                WebCenter Sites application, deploy Oracle WebCenter Sites now. Otherwise,
                continue with step 2.

2. If you wish to customize your Oracle WebCenter Sites installation
                and require access to Oracle WebCenter Sites's property files,
                click the Property Editor button.

3. Restart your application server.

4. Click Test to test your installation and make sure all tests
                are successful.

5. If the tests are successful, click OK.

8. Then when i click Test button, i got the following messages

The status is an follows :

HelloCS has failed
                Ping DB has failed
                DB Permissions has failed

9. In the log file install_log under <fatwire_instll_dir>/ominstallinfo, i saw the following entries

[2012-07-27 09:10:57.134][CS.INSTALL][INFO] InstallActionManager.orderActions() : StartAppServer Action found at = (-1)
      [2012-07-27 09:10:57.165][CS.INSTALL][INFO] InstallActionManager.orderActions() : StartAppServer Action found at = (-1)
      [2012-07-27 09:11:43.144][CS][ERROR] com.fatwire.cs.core.http.HttpAccessException: org.apache.http.conn.HttpHostConnectException: Connection to http://PRK-SSUNDARAR.us.ad.xxxx.com:80 refused
      [2012-07-27 09:11:43.175][CS.INSTALL][INFO] CSSetupEngine.postURL: PostURL failed for http://PRK-SSUNDARAR.us.ad.xxxx.com:80/cs/HelloCS
      :: ERROR = No response was received from the server
      [2012-07-27 09:11:44.236][CS][ERROR] com.fatwire.cs.core.http.HttpAccessException: org.apache.http.conn.HttpHostConnectException: Connection to http://PRK-SSUNDARAR.us.ad.xxxx.com:80 refused
      [2012-07-27 09:11:44.236][CS.INSTALL][INFO] CSSetupEngine.postURL: PostURL failed for http://PRK-SSUNDARAR.us.ad.xxxx.com:80/cs/Install?test=test&ReInit=FALSE&CSInstallType=single&CSInstallAccountName=ContentServer&CSInstallAccountPassword=675286278df204915f228fd298c09388&CSInstallDirectory=C%3A%2FSripY%2Finstallables%2Ffatwire&CSInstallAppName=fwadmin&CSInstallAppPassword=675286278df204915f228fd298c09388
      :: ERROR = No response was received from the server
      [2012-07-27 09:12:55.005][CS.INSTALL][INFO] CSSetupEngine.testConnectionAction: Testing user configuration and database connectivity.

What could went wrong here?

regards
      Sri
        • 1. Re: Not able to Install Webcenter site 11g R1 (11.1.1.6.0)  in my local PC
          Tony Field
          Hi Sri -

I literally just wrote this up the other day. Have a look at this.

http://blog.tonyfield.ca/2012/07/27/installing-webcenter-sites-11gr1-on-mac-os-x-with-csdt

It's Tomcat + HSQLDB.

Tony
          • 2. Re: Not able to Install Webcenter site 11g R1 (11.1.1.6.0)  in my local PC
            Hi Tony,
            I don't have mac o/s so am using Windows XP. I tried to open "Download the scripts and instructions here" from your blog but

it is opening a new window in the browser with some gybrish characters.

Here is what i did, as i explained it in my earlier post, now also i am facing the

same issue while setting up the server in GUI mode but in the log file it is showing

different exception now compare to the earlier one. I will explain the step by step approach of mine

1. start the Hsqldb2.2.8 in webserver mode (will the latest version cause any issue here?)

2. started the tomcat 6.0.35

3. As explained it in oracle site document for "installing webcenter sites in Tomcat" i did

the below changes
            1. i downloaded the installation zip file and extracted it in my local m/c. Note:

this is not my installation folder.
            2. then i went to cs-cache.xml,linked-cache.xml, ss-cache.xml and cas-cache.xml and

maintain the unique entries for multicastGroupAddress, multicasegroupport and timeToLive.

[I did the modification in the extracted folder thinking that it will get copied while

doing the installation, and my assumption is correct in the tomcat while deploying later i

saw all my entries in corresponding files ]
            3. In jbossTicketCacheReplicationConfig.xml i modified mcast_addr="239.255.0.0" and

mcast_port as 4447

4. Then i started installing the content server, i gave the host name and port "localhost"

and "8080" wherever it is asking.

5. i clickec express installation instead of Custom settings

6. After installing it fro 73% again i got the same issue

7. When i was going through all the issues logs i found below issues.

a) it was not able to identify cache bean reference inside ticketRegistry.xml so i

commented out JBossCacheTicketRegistry and started using DefaultTicketRegistry in ticketRegistry.xml

<!-- Ticket Registry -->
                 <bean id="ticketRegistry" class="org.jasig.cas.ticket.registry.DefaultTicketRegistry"
                      />
                 <!--<bean id="ticketRegistry" class="org.jasig.cas.ticket.registry.JBossCacheTicketRegistry"
                      p:cache-ref="cache" />

<bean id="cache" class="org.jasig.cas.util.JBossCacheFactoryBean"
                      p:configLocation="classpath:jbossTicketCacheReplicationConfig.xml" />
            -->

Again i restarted the Tomcat server.....

b) In sites.log file i notice an exception

org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'ssolistener' defined in class path resource [SSOConfig.xml]: Instantiation of bean failed; nested exception is java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
                 at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.instantiateBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:883)
                 at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.createBeanInstance(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:839)
                 at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.doCreateBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:440)
                 at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory$1.run(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:409)
                 at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
                 at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.createBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:380)
                 at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory$1.getObject(AbstractBeanFactory.java:264)
                 at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.getSingleton(DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.java:221)
                 at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.doGetBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:261)
                 at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:185)
                 at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:164)
                 at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory.preInstantiateSingletons(DefaultListableBeanFactory.java:429)
                 at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.finishBeanFactoryInitialization(AbstractApplicationContext.java:729)
                 at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.refresh(AbstractApplicationContext.java:381)
                 at org.springframework.context.support.ClassPathXmlApplicationContext.<init>(ClassPathXmlApplicationContext.java:139)
                 at org.springframework.context.support.ClassPathXmlApplicationContext.<init>(ClassPathXmlApplicationContext.java:93)
                 at com.fatwire.wem.sso.DynamicInjector.<init>(DynamicInjector.java:52)
                 at com.fatwire.wem.sso.DynamicInjector.instance(DynamicInjector.java:232)
                 at com.fatwire.wem.sso.SSOFilter.init(SSOFilter.java:65)
                 at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterConfig.getFilter(ApplicationFilterConfig.java:295)
                 at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterConfig.setFilterDef(ApplicationFilterConfig.java:422)
                 at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterConfig.<init>(ApplicationFilterConfig.java:115)
                 at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.filterStart(StandardContext.java:4072)
                 at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java:4726)
                 at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.checkResources(HostConfig.java:1284)
                 at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.check(HostConfig.java:1382)
                 at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.lifecycleEvent(HostConfig.java:306)
                 at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleSupport.fireLifecycleEvent(LifecycleSupport.java:142)
                 at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.backgroundProcess(ContainerBase.java:1389)
                 at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase$ContainerBackgroundProcessor.processChildren(ContainerBase.java:1653)
                 at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase$ContainerBackgroundProcessor.processChildren(ContainerBase.java:1662)
                 at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase$ContainerBackgroundProcessor.run(ContainerBase.java:1642)
                 at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)
            Caused by: java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
                 at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
                 at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:39)
                 at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:27)
                 at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:513)
                 at org.springframework.beans.BeanUtils.instantiateClass(BeanUtils.java:100)
                 at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.SimpleInstantiationStrategy.instantiate(SimpleInstantiationStrategy.java:61)
                 at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.instantiateBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:877)
                 ... 32 more
            Caused by: net.sf.ehcache.CacheException: error setting options
                 at net.sf.ehcache.distribution.MulticastRMICacheManagerPeerProvider.init(MulticastRMICacheManagerPeerProvider.java:99)
                 at net.sf.ehcache.CacheManager.init(CacheManager.java:306)
                 at net.sf.ehcache.CacheManager.<init>(CacheManager.java:234)
                 at com.fatwire.cache.ehcache.EhCacheObjectCache._initCache(EhCacheObjectCache.java:704)
                 at com.fatwire.cache.ehcache.EhCacheObjectCache.start(EhCacheObjectCache.java:538)
                 at com.fatwire.wem.sso.cas.cache.SessionMappingStorage.<init>(SessionMappingStorage.java:47)
                 at com.fatwire.wem.sso.cas.listener.CASListener.<clinit>(CASListener.java:15)
            c) In cms.log i got below exception

2012-07-28 11:49:59,500 ERROR [org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader] - Context initialization failed
            org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanDefinitionStoreException: Could not resolve bean definition resource pattern [WEB-INF/spring-configuration/*.xml]; nested exception is java.io.FileNotFoundException: ServletContext resource [WEB-INF/spring-configuration/] cannot be resolved to URL because it does not exist
                 at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanDefinitionReader.loadBeanDefinitions(AbstractBeanDefinitionReader.java:190)
                 at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanDefinitionReader.loadBeanDefinitions(AbstractBeanDefinitionReader.java:149)
                 at org.springframework.web.context.support.XmlWebApplicationContext.loadBeanDefinitions(XmlWebApplicationContext.java:124)
                 at org.springframework.web.context.support.XmlWebApplicationContext.loadBeanDefinitions(XmlWebApplicationContext.java:92)
                 at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractRefreshableApplicationContext.refreshBeanFactory(AbstractRefreshableApplicationContext.java:123)
                 at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.obtainFreshBeanFactory(AbstractApplicationContext.java:422)
                 at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.refresh(AbstractApplicationContext.java:352)
                 at org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader.createWebApplicationContext(ContextLoader.java:255)
                 at org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader.initWebApplicationContext(ContextLoader.java:199)
                 at org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListener.contextInitialized(ContextLoaderListener.java:45)
                 at org.jasig.cas.web.init.SafeContextLoaderListener.contextInitialized(SafeContextLoaderListener.java:62)
                 at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.listenerStart(StandardContext.java:4206)
                 at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java:4705)
                 at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleSupport.fireLifecycleEvent(LifecycleSupport.java:142)
                 at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.backgroundProcess(ContainerBase.java:1389)
                 at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase$ContainerBackgroundProcessor.processChildren(ContainerBase.java:1653)
                 at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase$ContainerBackgroundProcessor.processChildren(ContainerBase.java:1662)
                 at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase$ContainerBackgroundProcessor.run(ContainerBase.java:1642)
            Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException: ServletContext resource [WEB-INF/spring-configuration/] cannot be resolved to URL because it does not exist
                 at org.springframework.web.context.support.ServletContextResource.getURL(ServletContextResource.java:130)
                 at org.springframework.core.io.support.PathMatchingResourcePatternResolver.isJarResource(PathMatchingResourcePatternResolver.java:406)
                 at org.springframework.core.io.support.PathMatchingResourcePatternResolver.findPathMatchingResources(PathMatchingResourcePatternResolver.java:338)
                 at org.springframework.core.io.support.PathMatchingResourcePatternResolver.getResources(PathMatchingResourcePatternResolver.java:276)
                 at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.getResources(AbstractApplicationContext.java:1018)
                 at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanDefinitionReader.loadBeanDefinitions(AbstractBeanDefinitionReader.java:177)
                 ... 21 more
            2012-07-28 11:49:59,515 FATAL [org.jasig.cas.web.init.SafeContextLoaderListener] - SafeContextLoaderListener:
            The Spring ContextLoaderListener we wrap threw on contextInitialized.
            But for our having caught this error, the web application context would not have initialized.
            org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanDefinitionStoreException: Could not resolve bean definition resource pattern [WEB-INF/spring-configuration/*.xml]; nested exception is java.io.FileNotFoundException: ServletContext resource [WEB-INF/spring-configuration/] cannot be resolved to URL because it does not exist
                 at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanDefinitionReader.loadBeanDefinitions(AbstractBeanDefinitionReader.java:190)
                 at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanDefinitionReader.loadBeanDefinitions(AbstractBeanDefinitionReader.java:149)
                 at org.springframework.web.context.support.XmlWebApplicationContext.loadBeanDefinitions(XmlWebApplicationContext.java:124)
                 at org.springframework.web.context.support.XmlWebApplicationContext.loadBeanDefinitions(XmlWebApplicationContext.java:92)
                 at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractRefreshableApplicationContext.refreshBeanFactory(AbstractRefreshableApplicationContext.java:123)
                 at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.obtainFreshBeanFactory(AbstractApplicationContext.java:422)
                 at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.refresh(AbstractApplicationContext.java:352)
                 at org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader.createWebApplicationContext(ContextLoader.java:255)
                 at org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader.initWebApplicationContext(ContextLoader.java:199)
                 at org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListener.contextInitialized(ContextLoaderListener.java:45)
                 at org.jasig.cas.web.init.SafeContextLoaderListener.contextInitialized(SafeContextLoaderListener.java:62)
                 at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.listenerStart(StandardContext.java:4206)
                 at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java:4705)
            Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException: ServletContext resource [WEB-INF/spring-configuration/] cannot be resolved to URL because it does not exist
                 at org.springframework.web.context.support.ServletContextResource.getURL(ServletContextResource.java:130)
                 at org.springframework.core.io.support.PathMatchingResourcePatternResolver.isJarResource(PathMatchingResourcePatternResolver.java:406)
                 at org.springframework.core.io.support.PathMatchingResourcePatternResolver.findPathMatchingResources(PathMatchingResourcePatternResolver.java:338)
                 at org.springframework.core.io.support.PathMatchingResourcePatternResolver.getResources(PathMatchingResourcePatternResolver.java:276)
                 at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.getResources(AbstractApplicationContext.java:1018)
                 at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanDefinitionReader.loadBeanDefinitions(AbstractBeanDefinitionReader.java:177)
                 ... 21 more

Let me know what else i missed here.

regards
            Sri
            • 3. Re: Not able to Install Webcenter site 11g R1 (11.1.1.6.0)  in my local PC
              Mike - Oracle
              if you are on XP you should be able to simply grab the jumpstart kit from edelivery and work off of that.
              • 4. Re: Not able to Install Webcenter site 11g R1 (11.1.1.6.0)  in my local PC
                Hi,
                I read somewhere the latest version of Oracle webcenter sites doesn't provide the Jump start. When it was Fatwire at that time only they provided the Jump start.
                regards
                Sri
                • 5. Re: Not able to Install Webcenter site 11g R1 (11.1.1.6.0)  in my local PC
                  Mike - Oracle
                  yes initially the latest version did not have a JSK, however it has since been released and is available for download
                  • 6. Re: Not able to Install Webcenter site 11g R1 (11.1.1.6.0)  in my local PC
                    Tony Field
                    It looks like your war file is corrupt if those jars are missing. Have you tried clearing out your ominstallinfo folder and trying again?
                    • 7. Re: Not able to Install Webcenter site 11g R1 (11.1.1.6.0)  in my local PC
                      Hi,
                      i downloaded ofm_sites_generic_11.1.1.6.0_disk1_1of1.jar installation file on 07/26/2012 from oracle. In that extract format i didn't find any thing related to Jump start kit installation inside that. Could you please provide me the url from where i can download that Jump start.

regards
                      Sri

Edited by: user652523 on Jul 31, 2012 11:50 AM
                      • 8. Re: Not able to Install Webcenter site 11g R1 (11.1.1.6.0)  in my local PC
                        Mike - Oracle
                        Actually it isn't available on e-delivery. It is being distributed through the patch system. Here are the instructions:

In order to obtain this JSK, login to the My Oracle Support portal, select the "Patches & Updates" tab, then select "Product or Family (Advanced)" as the search method. Next, select "Oracle WebCenter Sites" as the Product and "Sites 11gR1" as the Release. Select the appropriate Platform and click on the Search button. You will find "Patch 14060594: ORACLE WEBCENTER SITES 11GR1 JUMPSTARTKIT" available for download on the search results screen.
                        • 9. Re: Not able to Install Webcenter site 11g R1 (11.1.1.6.0)  in my local PC
                          Srinath Menon-Oracle
                          Hi ,

Probably something that you would have tried already:

3. Restart your application server - Was this done before Test button was clicked ?

Thanks
                          Srinath
                          • 10. Re: Not able to Install Webcenter site 11g R1 (11.1.1.6.0)  in my local PC
                            Hi,

I was going through the "Installing and Configuration of WebCenter sites using Tomcat". I was wonder when should i need to follow the below steps, before start installing the Webcenter site or during pre-installation step (i.e. after clicking the 'Test' button)

Complete the WebCenter Sites installation by performing the following steps:
                            a. If you installed WebCenter Sites on Unix, set the permissions for WebCenter Sites
                            binaries by following the steps in “Setting File Permissions (Unix Only),” on
                            page 41.
                            b. WebCenter Sites contains a modified version of the Microsoft XML Parser
                            *(MSXML.jar in the WEB-INF/lib directory)*. If a different version of the Parser
                            is referenced in the CLASSPATH environment variable, you must change the path
                            to refer to the version used by WebCenter Sites; otherwise, WebCenter Sites will
                            fail when parsing XML. For information, see “Loading the XML Parser,” on
                            page 41.
                            c. Add the WebCenter Sites binaries directory to your library path variable as
                            explained in “Adding the WebCenter Sites Binaries Directory to the Library Path
                            Variable,” on page 41.

regards
                            Sri
                            • 11. Re: Not able to Install Webcenter site 11g R1 (11.1.1.6.0)  in my local PC
                              Hi Sri,

please deploy CAS and CS wars on your application server(whatever is being used) when you are getting this popup and then perform test. it should be successful

~Rajiv Jain