4 Replies Latest reply: Aug 2, 2012 6:18 PM by Tuelho RSS

Choose a specific target managed server on OEPE

Tuelho
      I have a domain with three weblogic managed server.
      I use OEPE with WLS 10.3.6 and I want to choose a specific managed server as a target for a specific eclipse web project.
      Is that possible?

Today OEPE can add (deploy) my project package (WAR or EAR) to all managed servers. Even when I delete or change the package target from a managed server, when I do a republish operation on WL Server (via OEPE) the package is redeployed to all managed server.

Thanks.

Edited by: Tuelho on Jul 30, 2012 5:04 PM
        • 1. Re: Choose a specific target managed server on OEPE
          Hello,

Have you tried to delete the application, select the managed server and then publish it again? In order to test in my environment I'd need to create a managed server within my domain as I currently have just one where I deploy.

Not being an expert on WLS architecture, what's the benefit of having various managed servers within a domain? Is it parallelism?

Thanks

Juan Camilo
          • 2. Re: Choose a specific target managed server on OEPE
            Tuelho
            yes. When you publish your app OEPE publish it to all managed servers.

There are many reasons to use many managed servers within a domain: clustering, to isolates different applications, etc. It is not common in development environment. But in my case I need to test a specific scenario.
            • 3. Re: Choose a specific target managed server on OEPE
              danny.ju
              Try this:
              - Create a New WebLogic server in Servers View as remote WLS.
              - In New Server wizard, click Test Connection to make sure the server can be connected
              - Right click the WLS and select Properties \ WebLogic \ Publishing \ Advanced
              and select the deployment targets

Let me know if this works for you.
              • 4. Re: Choose a specific target managed server on OEPE
                Tuelho
                Yes I 'm doing this.
                It works. But in this way I have to switch (add/remove) between the managed servers always I want to deploy to a specific one.

Would be nice if you could add all managed servers your are working and do something like just drag and drop your app to a specific target server.
                This could be a feature request for new release of OEPE.

Thanks.