This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: Aug 27, 2012 5:13 AM by linkin RSS

Testing the working of JMS Queue and Topic

953161 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi all,

Ive successfully installed WebLogic 10.3 and UIM 7.2.0. Currently at the post-installation phase of 'configuring JMS Servers and Destinations' and Im using this oracle guide:

http://www.oracle.com/webfolder/technetwork/tutorials/obe/fmw/wls/10g/r3/appdeploy/configure/jms/conf_jms_wls.htm#t3

All has beeen smooth sailing up till the final phase of 'testing the working of JMS Queue and Topic'. The dilemma is when I tried posting messages on the http://localhost:7003/messaging using my ownManaged Server port. Having posted few messages at the field to 'post message to the queue', I tried to verify my actions via console by 'Services > Messaging > JMS Module' In here, I clicked xxxQueue > Monitoring and no value has been registered in my table's 'Messages High' and 'Messages Total' column. Im pretty sure I did everything to the letters whilst changing accordingly. When I proceeded with posting messages at the field to 'post message to the topic' this error occured:

error javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: Unable to resolve 'dizzyworldTopic'. Resolved ''; remaining name 'dizzyworldTopic'

Im guessing the test_jms.zip file that I downloaded for this tutorial under the 'messaging.war' file has been preconfigured to include 'dizzyworldTopic' and the likes as the default value, thus the dilemma. I tried changing the .war file but could not figure it just yet. I can view it via winrar but not edit it.

1) Any idea what in that .war file that should be altered? What software can I use to edit them?
2) Did I missed any crucial steps? Though Im pretty sure I did it correctly as I repeatedly created it from scratch 2-3 times.

Do advise. Much appreciated. Thanks guys!
  • 1. Re: Testing the working of JMS Queue and Topic
    ramp Explorer
    AmosAw wrote:
    Hi all,

Ive successfully installed WebLogic 10.3 and UIM 7.2.0. Currently at the post-installation phase of 'configuring JMS Servers and Destinations' and Im using this oracle guide:

http://www.oracle.com/webfolder/technetwork/tutorials/obe/fmw/wls/10g/r3/appdeploy/configure/jms/conf_jms_wls.htm#t3

All has beeen smooth sailing up till the final phase of 'testing the working of JMS Queue and Topic'. The dilemma is when I tried posting messages on the http://localhost:7003/messaging using my ownManaged Server port. Having posted few messages at the field to 'post message to the queue', I tried to verify my actions via console by 'Services > Messaging > JMS Module' In here, I clicked xxxQueue > Monitoring and no value has been registered in my table's 'Messages High' and 'Messages Total' column.
    Is your JMS module registered as a system module or as an application module? The latter cannot be monitored from the console.
    Why dont you write a simple client to test? Messages posted to the queue which the client is listening to will be consumed by the client.
    Im pretty sure I did everything to the letters whilst changing accordingly. When I proceeded with posting messages at the field to 'post message to the topic' this error occured:

error javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: Unable to resolve 'dizzyworldTopic'. Resolved ''; remaining name 'dizzyworldTopic'

Im guessing the test_jms.zip file that I downloaded for this tutorial under the 'messaging.war' file has been preconfigured to include 'dizzyworldTopic' and the likes as the default value, thus the dilemma. I tried changing the .war file but could not figure it just yet. I can view it via winrar but not edit it.
    IMO it's better to set it up manually than relying on someone else's tutorial. There are simply too many configuration parameters to set up a JMS destination on weblogic.

ram.
  • 2. Re: Testing the working of JMS Queue and Topic
    953161 Newbie
    Hi ram,

Thanks for replying. My module is of the system type. Sorry Im quite new to this, not really sure how to create a client to test it. Any heads up?

Yeah, the problem arises because Im using oracle's tutorial which is designed to use dizzyworld etc. The thing is Im not really sure how to do it, thus relying on guides provided for the time being. Typical for newbies right? Haha.

My last resort is to assume I did it right and move on to other configurations but its best to get it verified before proceeding furhther so that if future error occurs Ill know where to troubleshoot from rather than skipping steps and having to guess it from top to bottom.

The part you mentioned about creating a "simple client to test" sounds like the perfect solution to me. Will like to give that a try =)

Amos
  • 3. Re: Testing the working of JMS Queue and Topic
    linkin Newbie
    AmosAw wrote:
    Your application unable to find the topic named as 'dizzyworldTopic' in your App Server(Weblogic). Just check whether 'dizzyworldTopic' is exist in the server.If not exist ,then read the tutorial to create the topic.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points