13 Replies Latest reply: Aug 9, 2012 11:48 AM by AlexAnd RSS

How to list all OAF customizations of a particular instance

Hi,

Need to list all the documents which are done customization and personalizations for a particular instance.

tried below code
      SELECT PATH.PATH_DOCID PERZ_DOC_ID,
      jdr_mds_internal.getdocumentname(PATH.PATH_DOCID) PERZ_DOC_PATH
      FROM JDR_PATHS PATH
      WHERE PATH.PATH_DOCID IN
      (SELECT DISTINCT COMP_DOCID FROM JDR_COMPONENTS
      WHERE COMP_SEQ = 0 AND COMP_ELEMENT = 'customization'
      AND COMP_ID IS NULL)
      ORDER BY PERZ_DOC_PATH; 
      but the above query is returning all oracle customizations which are done.

How to list only those documents which are done personalization and customization using OAF.

Regards,
      Krishna
        • 1. Re: How to list all OAF customizations of a particular instance
          Parag Narkhede
          I talked to Oracle but There is no way.. :(

But below can help you..

Try using this method.

List all personalization files under a certain product:

Functional Administrator -> personalization
          Select the product name in application
          Check the personalized and click Go button

Also, Please review this document
          Upgrading Form Personalizations and OA Framework Personalizations from Oracle E-Business Suite Release 11i to 12.1 (Doc ID 1292611.1)

Edited by: Parag Narkhede on Aug 3, 2012 6:24 PM
          • 2. Re: How to list all OAF customizations of a particular instance
            Hi Parag,

Thanks for your quick responce.

I will refer the document Upgrading Form Personalizations and OA Framework Personalizations from Oracle E-Business Suite Release 11i to 12.1 (Doc ID 1292611.1)
            and come back with my analysis.

my requirement is to list only those customizations done by company other than oracle's

Regards,
            Krishna
            • 3. Re: How to list all OAF customizations of a particular instance
              AlexAnd
              2user1000:
              Re: How to write query to enlist OAF personalizations done by user

2Parag Narkhede:
              violation of support
              don't copy-past content of mos
              • 4. Re: How to list all OAF customizations of a particular instance
                Parag Narkhede
                Thanks Alex for pointing it out. I have removed the contents..

--Parag                                                                                                                                                                                       
                • 5. Re: How to list all OAF customizations of a particular instance
                  Hi Alex/Parag,

Executed
                  Query 3. List of personalizations created at the customer site
                  Upgrading Form Personalizations and OA Framework Personalizations from Oracle E-Business Suite Release 11i to 12.1 [ID 1292611.1]

But, its is Retrieving all the oracle seeded personalizations also.

Is their any other approach to list only the customizations doen by users other than Oracle provided.

Regards,
                  Krishna
                  • 6. Re: How to list all OAF customizations of a particular instance
                    Parag Narkhede
                    As I said earlier, there is no way...
                    I am also looking for the same thing. Raised SR also with Oracle, but no productive answer...

--Parag                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               
                    • 7. Re: How to list all OAF customizations of a particular instance
                      AlexAnd
                      user1000 wrote:
                      Hi Alex/Parag,

Executed
                      Upgrading Form Personalizations and OA Framework Personalizations from Oracle E-Business Suite Release 11i to 12.1 [ID 1292611.1]

Is their any other approach to list only the customizations doen by users other than Oracle provided.

Regards,
                      Krishna
                      Sorry support team :)
                      from Upgrading Form Personalizations and OA Framework Personalizations from Oracle E-Business Suite Release 11i to 12.1 [ID 1292611.1]

>
                      This query does not include the seeded personalizations
                      • 8. Re: How to list all OAF customizations of a particular instance
                        Hi Alex,

The Statement written in the reference document is "This query does not include the seeded personalizations".

But i have run through few document details which are seeded personalizations.

Thats why doubt has been raised.

Regards,
                        Krishna
                        • 9. Re: How to list all OAF customizations of a particular instance
                          barry.goodsell
                          You might find the PL/SQL package described in this blog article useful: http://www.project.eu.com/e-business-suite/querying-the-oa-framework-personalization-repository/

It describes using a package that simulates the functionality of JDR_UTILS, but allows you to query the MDS structure and retrieve the XML MDS documents from SQL.

Barry Goodsell
                          http://www.project.eu.com
                          • 10. Re: How to list all OAF customizations of a particular instance
                            AlexAnd
                            nice but.....

what about
                            >

>
                            ?

you promote your site but what about answer about not seeded personalizations?
                            • 11. Re: How to list all OAF customizations of a particular instance
                              Hi Barry ,

Thanks for the post .

As Alex mentioned how do we differentiate between oracle seeded personalizations and customer personalizations.

Hi Alex,

One more challange has came in this process, if any perosnalization is done and reverted back to its standard features the personalization document still exists. How do we resteict these documents from our selection list of personalizations.

Regards,
                              Krishna
                              • 12. Re: How to list all OAF customizations of a particular instance
                                barry.goodsell
                                Alex/Krishna,

Seeded personalizations should contain .../user/seededdeveloper/... in the MDS Path. For example, the seeded searches/views for /oracle/apps/pa/ci/webui/ChgDocListPG are in the MDS Document /oracle/apps/pa/ci/webui/customizations/user/seededdeveloper/ChgDocListPG

If you are using my PRJ_FND_MDS package you could use the follow query to list all customised components across the whole system, excluding seeded personalisations:

SELECT X.*
                                FROM TABLE(prj_fnd_mds.list_contents('/')) X
                                WHERE X.component LIKE '%/customizations/%'
                                AND X.component NOT LIKE '%/user/seededdeveloper/%';

I hope that helps.

Barry.

ps: you might want to add in "AND X.component NOT LIKE '%/customizations/function/%'" to exclude all function-level personalizations.

Edited by: BarryGoodsell on Aug 9, 2012 1:37 PM
                                • 13. Re: How to list all OAF customizations of a particular instance
                                  AlexAnd
                                  >
                                  Seeded personalizations should contain .../user/seededdeveloper/... in the MDS Path.
                                  >
                                  are you sure about this point? is it for 11i or r12 ? any docs plz?

based on your package (thanks of course :) )
                                  SELECT  jdr_mds_internal.getDocumentName(path_docid) as component
                                        ,       path_type
                                        ,       path_seq
                                        ,       creation_date
                                        ,       last_update_date
                                        FROM  ( SELECT  path_docid
                                                ,       path_type
                                                ,       path_seq
                                                ,       creation_date
                                                ,       last_update_date
                                                FROM    jdr_paths
                                                START WITH path_owner_docid = jdr_mds_internal.getDocumentID(('/'))
                                                CONNECT BY PRIOR path_docid = path_owner_docid) paths
                                        WHERE ( path_type = 'DOCUMENT' AND path_seq = -1) 
                                          OR  ( path_type = 'PACKAGE'  AND path_seq = 0) 
                                          OR  ( path_type = 'PACKAGE'  AND path_seq = -1 
                                            AND NOT EXISTS (
                                                  SELECT * FROM jdr_paths
                                                  WHERE path_owner_docid = paths.path_docid))
                                  above query for all personalizations, is it right?

i checked on r12
                                  for
                                  AND X.component LIKE '%/user/seededdeveloper/%' AND X.component LIKE '%/customizations/%'
                                  we have count from query as 208
                                  so 208 Seeded personalizations ?

for
                                  and X.component LIKE '%/customizations/%'
                                  AND X.component NOT LIKE '%/user/seededdeveloper/%'
                                  we have count from query as 2389
                                  so 2389 custom personalizations (excluding seeded personalisations) ?

for example
                                  /oracle/apps/xla/linesinquiry/webui/customizations/site/0/JeLinesInquiriesPG
                                  not personalize at all, but based on your point it's custom personalization

any ideas?