This discussion is archived
7 Replies Latest reply: Sep 13, 2012 4:22 AM by User461031-OC RSS

Urgent help regarding OAF extension !!!!!

User461031-OC Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
I want to know whether in Oracle Internet Expenses, at the time of submitting the expense report if we want to validate the inputs, is it possible without OAF extension.
If no, is it possible to extended a standard OAF controller and call a custom procedure from the same? As per my knowledge the extended code will get executed after the main code, please correct me if i am wrong.
  • 1. Re: Urgent help regarding OAF extension !!!!!
    Parag Narkhede Explorer
    I dont think validations are possible in iExpenses..
    you may have to extend the Controller class?

--Parag                                                                                                                                                                                                                           
  • 2. Re: Urgent help regarding OAF extension !!!!!
    User461031-OC Newbie
    Hi Parag,

Thanks for your quick reply. I have one question on extension. Suppose if i extend the controller, i want to know when my extended code will be called. Suppose i have a button press event in my main page after which some procedure / package is getting called. Suppose my extended controller calls my custom created procedure, then it will be called after the standard procedure is called. Correct me if i am wrong.

OriginalCO
    {
         processFormRequest (........)
         {
              if (ButtonPressed event)
              {
                   Call a procedure say ABC

If procedure call is successful, call the next page.
              }

}

NewCO extends OriginalCO
    {
         processFormRequest (........)
         {
              Call a custom procedure to do validation say XYZ
         }
    }

Now XYZ procedure will be called after the ABC procedure is called but before the page is directed to the new page. Am i right?
  • 3. Re: Urgent help regarding OAF extension !!!!!
    Parag Narkhede Explorer
    You are correct. SO what we do in such case is, we call super.processformrequest stament after your validations.
    This will first execute your code and then call the original CO using super.processformrequest.

--Parag                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       
  • 4. Re: Urgent help regarding OAF extension !!!!!
    User461031-OC Newbie
    Hi Parag,

Thanks a lot for your help. This will be very useful for me. Also can u just let me know the server path where Myproject folder for oracle standard OAF pages are located or the way to find it.
  • 5. Re: Urgent help regarding OAF extension !!!!!
    Parag Narkhede Explorer
    There are two parts in this:
    1) AM, VO,CO,EO: you will find all these components in $JAVA_TOP/oracle/apps/your module/etc.....
    2) Pages which you see from front end: see the path of page from about this page.
    if it is /oracle/apps/icx/procure/enterPG then you will find this page at $ICX_TOP/mds/procure/enterPG

--Parag Narkhede                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           
  • 6. Re: Urgent help regarding OAF extension !!!!!
    User461031-OC Newbie
    Hi Parag,

Thank you very much !!!!!!!!!
    I will start working on it now. In case I face any issue, will get back to you :-). Again thanks a lot.
  • 7. Re: Urgent help regarding OAF extension !!!!!
    User461031-OC Newbie
    Hi Parag,

I want to know some more details regarding OAF extension for I Expense page.

1) The Back and Next button are common to all pages. So to refer these buttons i am planning to use the below logic
    Get the event using pageContext.getParameter("event");
    Compare this event with GOTO_EVENT

Get the source using pageContext.getParameter(SOURCE_PARAM)
    Compare it with OIENavBar

I guess this will help us to handle the Back and Next buttons on any OIE page.

To put the validation on a particular page, i am using NavigationUtility.getCurrentPage(pageContext) and comparing it with the OIE page which i need to validate

2) Every thing i am putting in processFormRequest. Hopefully this is correct

Please correct me if i am wrong anywhere

Thanks
    Samarth

Edited by: 950810 on Sep 13, 2012 4:20 AM

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points