1 Reply Latest reply: Aug 6, 2012 11:29 PM by jamdom RSS

HFM Entity consolidation metadata hierarchy confusion

jamdom
      Hi,
      I need to add a new group of entities into our Entity hierarchy and am a little confused if I need to create a sub total entity level for consolidation purposes.

My thoughts were to create the below hierarchy

ZZ total - parent level - no data entry permitted - used purely for consolidation
      - A Company (only 51% owned by Group) - base level - data entry permitted (this entity owns the following 3 entities 100%) - child of ZZ total
      - B Company - base level - child of ZZ total
      - C Company - base level - child of ZZ total
      - D Company - base level - child of ZZ total

My issue is - do I create a subtotal entity for companies B, C, D as these are legally 100% owned and consolidated within A Company but I don't want the results of B, C, D within the total of ZZ?

The figures that should consolidate into ZZ total should only show A Company results and therefore a parent adjustment journal to eliminate the results of B, C & D needs to be performed.

If I create this subtotal entity below A Company in the hierarchy, can A Company still be a base entity for data entry if it now becomes a parent of subtotal entity? Can it do both - have entities roll up into it as well as data loaded into it each month?

Grateful for any assistance
      LG
        • 1. Re: HFM Entity consolidation metadata hierarchy confusion
          jamdom
          In addition to my confusing baffle above would the below solution work?

If I setup an entity group total "G"- 100% ownership
          Under this total I have the main trading company "A" - 51% owned by our group
          then also under this "G" total another group "I" which will consolidate the 3 investment companies 100% owned by the main trading company "A" but give this group an ownership of 51% so that when I take the consolidated values of group "G" I only have my 51% iroll up into our group accounts.

So it will look like this in the entity hierarchy:

Consol group accounts
          --G group
          ----A entity - 51% owned by Consol group
          ----I group
          --------B entity - 100% owned by A
          --------C entity - 100% owned by A
          --------D entity - 100% owned by A

At the consol level I only want 51% of this new group. Can someone please confirm that if I allocate ownership to "A" entity and "I" Group 51% ownership then I will get the correct results.

Also, if we do not have management control of "A" entity do I also tag this as Associate as well as "I" group?

Many thanks
          LG

Edited by: jamdom on Aug 6, 2012 9:26 PM

Edited by: jamdom on Aug 6, 2012 9:28 PM

Edited by: jamdom on Aug 6, 2012 9:29 PM