3 Replies Latest reply: Aug 6, 2012 4:59 PM by Patcha RSS

Wanted: encripter / decripter

Patcha
      Hi!
      I wanna save some text in file, but I don't want it to be easy readable and modifiable outside my application.
      So I was thinking about encripting it.

I'm searching an encription/decription api which is light and easy to implement, fast to work, realiable and preferably not too diffused and known.

Do you have any suggestion for me?

Thank you all!
        • 1. Re: Wanted: encripter / decripter
          rp0428
          >
          I'm searching an encription/decription api which is light and easy to implement, fast to work, realiable and preferably not too diffused and known.

Do you have any suggestion for me?
          >
          There are plenty of tutorials and examples on the web - just search for 'java tutorial encryption'. Here is one to start you.
          http://www.mkyong.com/java/jce-encryption-data-encryption-standard-des-tutorial/
          • 2. Re: Wanted: encripter / decripter
            baftos
            The underlined requirement is wrong! When it comes to cryptography, more an algorithm is diffused and known, better security it offers.
            It's not the secrecy of the algorithm that would protect you, but the secrecy of the keys. Known algorithms have been scrutinized by many experts and stand a better chance of being hard to break.
            • 3. Re: Wanted: encripter / decripter
              Patcha
              Good... a known one then. :)

I'm not comfortable to build it myself... for this one I would prefer to use a reliable one.
              I don't wanna risk to build myself a loosing data one...

Edited by: Patcha on 6-ago-2012 23.59