This discussion is archived
1 2 3 Previous Next 33 Replies Latest reply: Aug 9, 2012 3:32 PM by Srini VEERAVALLI RSS

Mandatory DAC Patch for 7.9.2 is not working

Saro Explorer
Currently Being Moderated
Hi friends,

Recently, while loading R12 SCM module using DAC i faced one failed task like below
Error Message : The specified task name, workflow name, or folder name does not exist.
For the above failed task, i got a suggestion from the below link for applying the DAC patch

http://obieeone.com/2011/05/12/dac-error-message-the-specified-task-name-workflow-name-or-folder-name-does-not-exist-dac_xxx/_+

Even after i applied that patch my failed task error is not solving, as the error still continues. As the DAc patch 13551596 that i applied is not working.

Hence i followed the below readme.txt file while applying the patch
How to apply?
-------------
Terminate or stop all DAC clients and server(s).
Rename DAWSystem.jar file in the current DAC environment.
Copy the DAWSystem.jar file from the patch into the DAC home directory on all client and server machines.
You should NOT connect to the repository using different versions of DAC client/servers.

Restart the client.

If you have 7.9.x DAC platform you will be prompted to upgrade the repository. Choose 'Yes' if prompted.
There is no repository upgrade necessary for DAC 10.1.3.4.1.

Repeat the process for all environemtns, e.g. development, test, production. 

Note 1: 
Informatica's pmcmd can be invoked in -lpf mode (supporting DAC Server and Informatica Server on different machines) and -paramfile mode (which requires DAC Server and Informatica server to have a shared location for parameter files). As of 7.9.6.1 BI Applications release -paramfile mode became default. Correct infa_command.xml comes with this patch. If -paramfile satisfies your deployment requirements, please copy it over to conf directory and bounce DAC Server.

Note 2: (applies only to customers with Data Warehouse on DB2):
siebproc.sql - has obsoleted siebdbx stored procedure removed. See bug #9486873 for details and refer to http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/E12127_01/doc/bia.795/e12083/windows_ic.htm#i1042646 for details on applying the stored procedure.

Note 3: automationUtils.bat gets updated syntax to support metadata import without truncate (see bug #12382199). The change is just in the comment section for the documentation purposes. If you have not done any customizations on automationUtils.bat, copy the file over to DAC root directory replacing an existing one. If you have done customizations - you may either replicate them to the new file or update the comment section of the customized file.
In the first point they said to replace the DACsystem.jar file to the current environment of the DAC. But i can see only DACSystem.rar file not the jar file. I have replaced only the rar file to the current DAC location.

Whether any mistakes that i have done in applying the DAC patch. if so, can you friends propose the right steps for it.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,
Saro
  • 1. Re: Mandatory DAC Patch for 7.9.2 is not working
    Srini VEERAVALLI Guru
    Hi saro,

This is the latest patch p14306642_101341_Generic apply this and try once again.

Also read this doc once.
    http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E20490_01/bia.7963/e19038/windows_ic.htm#BHCDBJIC

Let me know for any issues.
  • 2. Re: Mandatory DAC Patch for 7.9.2 is not working
    Saro Explorer
    Hi Svee,

In the readme.txt file it is given like below
    How to apply?
    -------------
    Terminate or stop all DAC clients and server(s).
    Rename DAWSystem.jar file in the current DAC environment.
    Copy the DAWSystem.jar file from the patch into the DAC home directory on all client and server machines.
    You should NOT connect to the repository using different versions of DAC client/servers.
    But i can find only 4 files once i extracted that zip file

<li>automationUtils
    <li>DAWSystem
    <li>infa_command

In the above i can find only DAWSystem.rar file but not the jar file that was said in the readme.txt file. so inorder to apply the patch i need to follow the below steps. Kindly ensure whether the steps that i follow is right svee,

<li>Stop all the DAC Servers and DAC clients.
    <li>Need to copy that DAWSystem.jar file to the dac root directory.

After that i need to restart the servers and need to restart my etl run for the failed task. Is it right svee.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
    Svee.
  • 3. Re: Mandatory DAC Patch for 7.9.2 is not working
    Srini VEERAVALLI Guru
    Yes, you need to close client and stop the server. once its back restart it.
    I see DAWSystem.jar file only

Just in case if you had any other issues before this failed tasks, try to mark EP as complete and start fresh load.

Edited by: svee on Aug 7, 2012 6:52 AM
  • 4. Re: Mandatory DAC Patch for 7.9.2 is not working
    Saro Explorer
    Hi Svee,

I applied the patch in the following manner

<li> Stopped all the DAC Servers and DAC clients.
    <li> I copied the DAWSystem.rar file from the patch to the dac root directory.

After that i restarted the DAC server and i opened the DAC client and restarted my ETL run, then too the same failed task issued.

After that like you said i tried to tried to update the record as completed for each and every failed task and after that i restarted the load again, then also the failed task is not completing as it is resulting in the same failed task even i marked it as completed like below
    Failed Task: TASK_GROUP_Extract_GeoDimension

Error Message: Because task SDE_ORA_GeographyDimension_POVendorSitesAll failed marking all the completed nodes of the group TASK_GROUP_Extract_GeoDimension (whose restart all is set to true), as failed.

Failed Task: 
    SDE_ORA_BOMItemFact

Error Message: 
    CMN_1022 [TRUNCATE TABLE OPI.OPI_OBIA_W_BOM_HEADER_DS
    ORA-00942: table or view does not exist

Failed Task: SDE_ORA_PartyOrganizationDimension_Supplier

Error Message:
    Connected to Integration Service: [Oracle_BI_DW_Base_Integration_Service].
    ERROR: Workflow [SDE_ORA_PartyOrganizationDimension_Supplier_Full] not found in folder [SDE_ORAR1211_Adaptor].
    Disconnecting from Integration Service
    Completed at Tue Aug 07 17:36:10 2012

Failed Task: TASK_GROUP_Extract_PartyOrganization

Error Message:
    Because task SDE_ORA_PartyOrganizationDimension_Supplier failed marking all the completed nodes of the group TASK_GROUP_Extract_PartyOrganization (whose restart all is set to true), as failed.

Failed Task: 
    SDE_ORA_GeographyDimension_POVendorSitesAll

Error Message:
    ANOMALY INFO::: Error while executing : INFORMATICA TASK:SDE_ORAR1211_Adaptor:SDE_ORA_GeographyDimension_POVendorSitesAll:(Source : FULL Target : FULL)
    Irrecoverable Error
    Request to start workflow : 'SDE_ORA_GeographyDimension_POVendorSitesAll' has completed with error code 2
    Error Message : The specified task name, workflow name, or folder name does not exist.
    Command Used: pmcmd startworkflow -sv Oracle_BI_DW_Base_Integration_Service -d Domain_BIAPPS -u Administrator -p **** -f SDE_ORAR1211_Adaptor  -lpf D:\Informatica\PowerCenter8.6.1\server\infa_shared\SrcFiles\\EBS11i.BIAPPS.SDE_ORAR1211_Adaptor.SDE_ORA_GeographyDimension_POVendorSitesAll.txt SDE_ORA_GeographyDimension_POVendorSitesAll
    Workflow Message: 
    Any Suggestions Svee.

Thanks

REgards,
    Saro
  • 5. Re: Mandatory DAC Patch for 7.9.2 is not working
    Srini VEERAVALLI Guru
    Looks like failing at command TRUNCATE TABLE OPI.OPI_OBIA_W_BOM_HEADER_DS

make sure you truncate with same command using SQL. If you are able to do then check your DAC database user has same privileges to do the same.
    Also make sure you able to test connection for informatica services in DAC.
  • 6. Re: Mandatory DAC Patch for 7.9.2 is not working
    Saro Explorer
    Dear Svee,

Sorry if i asked anything wrong. Actually that table OPI_OBIA_W_BOM_HEADER_DS is not existing in my Datawarehouse and due to that only it couldnt truncate the data's in the table and it is resulting in table or view doesnt exist.

For the non-existence of above table in Datawareshouse only, they asked to apply the patch which asked password for downloading the patch in my support like it mentioned in the below link

https://forums.oracle.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=2386306&tstart=75+

This patch is mainly for the source OLTP R12, since this missing table is occuring for that instance.

For other related issue what all are the necessary task i need to take svee.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
    Saro
  • 7. Re: Mandatory DAC Patch for 7.9.2 is not working
    Srini VEERAVALLI Guru
    If you are not able to download the patch, I would suggest to create a table as OPI_OBIA_W_BOM_HEADER_DS
    ex: create table OPI_OBIA_W_BOM_HEADER_DS as select * from dual;

Once you have this table restart the dac. If for the same SIL task is failing due to OPI_OBIA_W_BOM_HEADER_D is not available.. need to go for different solution like making task inactive in subject area.

Hope this helps

Let me know other issues.

Edited by: svee on Aug 7, 2012 8:54 AM
  • 8. Re: Mandatory DAC Patch for 7.9.2 is not working
    Saro Explorer
    Hi svee,

Again the same error eventhough i created a table like

create table OPI_OBIA_W_BOM_HEADER_DS as select * from dual;

it is returning the below same error

MAPPING> CMN_1022 Database driver error...
    *CMN_1022 [TRUNCATE TABLE OPI.OPI_OBIA_W_BOM_HEADER_DS*
    *ORA-00942: table or view does not exist*

{code}
    My other failed task are

Failed Task: TASK_GROUP_Extract_GeoDimension

Error Message: Because task SDE_ORA_GeographyDimension_POVendorSitesAll failed marking all the completed nodes of the group TASK_GROUP_Extract_GeoDimension (whose restart all is set to true), as failed.

Failed Task: SDE_ORA_PartyOrganizationDimension_Supplier

Error Message:
    Connected to Integration Service: [Oracle_BI_DW_Base_Integration_Service].
    ERROR: Workflow [SDE_ORA_PartyOrganizationDimension_Supplier_Full] not found in folder [SDE_ORAR1211_Adaptor].
    Disconnecting from Integration Service
    Completed at Tue Aug 07 17:36:10 2012

Failed Task: TASK_GROUP_Extract_PartyOrganization

Error Message:
    Because task SDE_ORA_PartyOrganizationDimension_Supplier failed marking all the completed nodes of the group TASK_GROUP_Extract_PartyOrganization (whose restart all is set to true), as failed.

Failed Task:
    SDE_ORA_GeographyDimension_POVendorSitesAll

Error Message:
    ANOMALY INFO::: Error while executing : INFORMATICA TASK:SDE_ORAR1211_Adaptor:SDE_ORA_GeographyDimension_POVendorSitesAll:(Source : FULL Target : FULL)
    Irrecoverable Error
    Request to start workflow : 'SDE_ORA_GeographyDimension_POVendorSitesAll' has completed with error code 2
    Command Used: pmcmd startworkflow -sv Oracle_BI_DW_Base_Integration_Service -d Domain_BIAPPS -u Administrator -p **** -f SDE_ORAR1211_Adaptor -lpf D:\Informatica\PowerCenter8.6.1\server\infa_shared\SrcFiles\\EBS11i.BIAPPS.SDE_ORAR1211_Adaptor.SDE_ORA_GeographyDimension_POVendorSitesAll.txt SDE_ORA_GeographyDimension_POVendorSitesAll
    Workflow Message:
    Regards,
    Saro                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            
  • 9. Re: Mandatory DAC Patch for 7.9.2 is not working
    Srini VEERAVALLI Guru
    I think this is due to table owner.

Do one thing for current load mark as complete. Make inactive the task group in subject area, assemble, and build the EP.
    Make sure the tasks are inactive in subject area after assemble.
    Start load again.

Edited by: svee on Aug 7, 2012 9:09 AM
  • 10. Re: Mandatory DAC Patch for 7.9.2 is not working
    Saro Explorer
    Hi Svee,

I have a doubt. Since im using my local R12 vision instance as a source, so i need to use R12 so my owner is Oracle R12.1.1.

But currently im using my R12 as OLTP datasource as below under the physical Data Sources in the setup tab
    EBS11i---->Source---->Oracle (Thin)---->test03----->apps---->10----->172.16.1.151---->1527
    But when i see under the subject area tab i have a oracle owner like "Oracle 11.5.10" for all the below name
    Supply Chain - AP Invoices--------------------------------------------EBS11i------------------------Oracle 11.5.10
    Supply Chain - Inventory Balance-----------------------------------EBS11i------------------------Oracle 11.5.10
    Supply Chain - Inventory Transactions----------------------------EBS11i------------------------Oracle 11.5.10
    Supply Chain - Purchase Cycle Lines-------------------------------EBS11i------------------------Oracle 11.5.10
    Supply Chain - Purchase Order--------------------------------------EBS11i------------------------Oracle 11.5.10
    Supply Chain - Purchase Receipts----------------------------------EBS11i------------------------Oracle 11.5.10
    Supply Chain - Purchase Requisitions------------------------------EBS11i------------------------Oracle 11.5.10
    Whether the owner Oracle 11.5.10 which is selected in the subject area as a oracle owner is a problem. Since im using R12 as a source, so my owner has to be Oracle R12.1.1. Instead of it it referred like Oracle 11.5.10.

Is it so Svee..

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,
    Saro
  • 11. Re: Mandatory DAC Patch for 7.9.2 is not working
    Saro Explorer
    Hi Svee,

Also like you said i marked my current ETL as completed. Under for one of the subject area tab in DAC Supply Chain - BOM Items in the tasks tab

Name------------------------------------------------Parent Group
    SDE_ORA_BOMHeaderDimension-----------------TASK_GROUP_Extract_BOM
    SDE_ORA_BOMHeaderDimension_Auxiliary------TASK_GROUP_Extract_BOM
    SDE_ORA_BOMItemFact---------------------------TASK_GROUP_Extract_BOM

i have selected "Inactive" and also i made the SIL related task to BOM also "Inactive" for the below

SIL_BOMHeaderDimension
    SIL_BOMHeaderDimension_SCDUpdate
    SIL_BOMItemFact

and after that i selected the Supply Chain - BOM Items under subject area and pressed "Assemble" button now soon after that Subject Area Assembly pop up opened and it showed the buttons like

<li> Calculate Task list
    <li> Accept
    <li> Cancel

I pressed 'Accept' and after that pop up showed like

You are tyring to modify an object referenced from Oracle 11.5.10. If you save it, a new copy will be created for EBS11i. Are you sure you want to proceed..

It asked for "Yes" or "No". I pressed "Yes" and after that the subject area

Supply Chain - BOM Items owner is turned in to EBS11i from Oracle 11.5.10. under the subjects area tab.

After that i run the ETL again for the already defined one in the EP. Then too the same error resulted like below
    Name-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Task Group

SDE_ORA_BOMItemFact---------------------------------------------------------TASK_GROUP_Extract_BOM
    TASK_GROUP_Extract_PartyOrganization
    TASK_GROUP_Extract_GeoDimension
    SDE_ORA_PartyOrganizationDimension_Supplier------------------------------TASK_GROUP_Extract_PartyOrganization
    SDE_ORA_GeographyDimension_POVendorSitesAll---------------------------TASK_GROUP_Extract_GeoDimension
    What might be the problem svee, is the step that i followed is right.

Thanks

Regards,
    Saro
  • 12. Re: Mandatory DAC Patch for 7.9.2 is not working
    Srini VEERAVALLI Guru
    I would suggest you to use Oracle R12.1.1 container, if permits can go for the latest one.
    Looks like during the creation of EP you might not chosen the Oracle R12.1.1 container.

Try to run the load with Oracle R12.1.1 container subject area.
    Run with no changes if you get issues for BOM then make inactive and run.

Hope this helps
  • 13. Re: Mandatory DAC Patch for 7.9.2 is not working
    Saro Explorer
    Hi Svee,

Yes, soon after i changed to the R1211 adaptor and if i started the load means, i can get most of the failed task to be succeeded. But it resulted in one below failed task

SDE_ORA_BOMItemFact

In the workflow logs i found the below, and also i couldnt find any ORA error for it.
    ERROR : LM_36488 [Thu Aug 09 12:43:42 2012] : (14308|8068) Session task instance [SDE_ORA_BOMItemFact] : [TM_6224 Failed to fetch session information from the repository in folder [SDE_ORAR1211_Adaptor] for session
    Previously, for the above failed task "SDE_ORA_BOMItemFact" it returned an error like
    Table Or View Does Not Exist - Opi.Opi_obia_w_bom_header_ds
    For the above error i got a related note in mysupport of [ID 1051132.1], which said to follow to run the script like in below link in the source OLTP system

http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E14223_01/bia.796/e14216/anyimp_enterprisesales.htm#CJADFFEF+_

These are the two scripts

<li> OLTP_BOM_Prepare.sql script
    <li> OLTP_bompexpl_wrapper_obia_<Ver>.sql.

After compliing the above two scripts in the source OLTP R12 system successfully. Now the error table or view is not existing for that failed task in DAC and instead of it, it is returning an error like mentioned previously above
    ERROR : LM_36488 [Thu Aug 09 12:43:42 2012] : (14308|8068) Session task instance [SDE_ORA_BOMItemFact] : [TM_6224 Failed to fetch session information from the repository in folder [SDE_ORAR1211_Adaptor] for session
    what is the cause for that above problem and how i can rectify it.

Now my current SCM load data status is
    Total task:354
    Success:316
    Failed:37
    As it is showing one failed task which i mentioned above.

Thanks for your help

Regards,
    Saro
  • 14. Re: Mandatory DAC Patch for 7.9.2 is not working
    Srini VEERAVALLI Guru
    Check the session SDE_ORA_BOMItemFact in folder SDE_ORAR1211_Adaptor
    try to recreate it and assign to the workflow, make sure you check out and check in.
1 2 3 Previous Next

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points