This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: Aug 7, 2012 12:03 AM by 953429 RSS

Datapumb exporting

953429 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hello all,

This is my first post in OTN. I am beginner in ORACLE ( just completed my Oracle 10g DBA course and waiting for certification exams.) . I have come across my first interview (infact i couldnt do well as I do not have enough knowledge to answer). Find below few questions asked by the interviewer:

1. after taking the backups of redolog files, suppose I give the command "Delete input". What will happen?

2. In windows, using Datapumb, we are exporting the data and we are not giving any directory, by default in windows machine where the data will be exported?

3. What happens in Oracle Architecture, after a insert command is fired. ie;, Flow in architecture, like how data is stored in database. (asked to draw the architecture and explain)

4. How to take one day old backup & command used?

Kindly help me out. I knw these questions are basic still for my knowledge.

Regards,
Sathik
  • 1. Re: Datapumb exporting
    952768 Journeyer
    When you completed a Oracle 10g DBA Course then

Question 1: Will be part of your next course RMAN Backup and Recovery
    Question 2: Never trust on defaults, the best answer is: check the view DBA_DIRECTORIES
    Question 3: If you completed your course, you should be able to answer this, if not start reading your books again and again.
    Question 4: see Question 1.

It is not a problem to be a beginner but you can act like a professional.
    This means try to study hard, proof for yourself how things work and do a lot of research before asking questions.
  • 2. Re: Datapumb exporting
    Tareq Alkhateeb Newbie
    1. after taking the backups of redolog files, suppose I give the command "Delete input". What will happen?
    you can not take a backup of online redolog files.
    but if you mean archived redologs, bakcup archivelog delete input : means take a backup of existing archivelogs as backupset and delete them

2. In windows, using Datapumb, we are exporting the data and we are not giving any directory, by default in windows machine where the data will be exported?
    use the following SQL query to find the default location of data pump:
    select owner, directory_name, directory_path from dba_directories where directory_name like 'DATA_PU%';

3. What happens in Oracle Architecture, after a insert command is fired. ie;, Flow in architecture, like how data is stored in database. (asked to draw the architecture and explain)
    actually this is very long question, and can not be explain in just words.

4. How to take one day old backup & command used?
    I don't understand you question.

Kindly help me out. I knw these questions are basic still for my knowledge.
  • 3. Re: Datapumb exporting
    953429 Newbie
    Dear Sir,

Thank you very much.

Regards,
    Sathik

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points