This discussion is archived
6 Replies Latest reply: Aug 7, 2012 7:41 AM by user12048358 RSS

Error during installation Oracle RAC 11G

user12048358 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi experts;

I'm installing Oracle RAC 11G, this installation will be in two virtual servers, OS Linux redhat.
I began the installation with these steps
Configure Security Updates
then ask for proxy server information (nothing was entered), continue
Installation Option (don't ask anything)
then System Class (Server class selected)
Grid Options
(Real Application Clusters database installation)
when hit ENTER I got this errror message - (INS - 35354) The system on which you are attempting to install Oracle RAC is not part of a valid cluster.

I was looking in some forums an I found one where indicates I should indentiify these files and change some info on them;

=============================================================================
cat /etc/oraInst.loc
The ouput of the above command lists the inventory_directory

Browse to the inventory.xml file in that directory. My oraInventory
cd /u01/app/oracle/oraInventory/ContentsXML/
cat inventory.xml
You can verify that the flag CRS=true isn’t set for the $GRID_HOME
==============================================================================

However, I couldn't find any of those files in my directories.
also, i was verifying the note [ID 1053393.1, but again, I couldn't find where to change the values for CRS.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

I will apreciate your help.

Regards

Al

b                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points