2 Replies Latest reply: Aug 8, 2012 12:01 AM by i_need_a_FIX RSS

please suggest -- MY PLANNING IS DOWN FROM 2 DAYS ALREADY

RSG Explorer
Currently Being Moderated
This is planning application.

lets say there are two applications Old and New

old application has old hierarchy
new has new hieracrhy

The only difference between two application is 15 new stored base account member in account dimension.

there is a calc script which is attached.Normal run time is 40-50 minutes on old application.But on new application it is running for more than 2.5 hours.

SO far
i have set tried HOUR GLASS,HOURGLASS ON A STICK
sSET CALC HIGH
SET PARALLEL CALC 3 (ITS 32 BIT WINDOWS os)
SET LOCK HIGH
SET CACHE HIGH

Aggregate missing values is set to ON on the database but NOT within the script.
Fragementatio is completed before testing the calc script.
All the database and cache setting looks good.
No network issues.

seem none of the setting on th top is working.
Calc script is very simple.It may look very big but it chunked based on jan to dec i.e. total twelve parts.

STILL IT is RUNNING FOR MORE THAN 2.5 HOUR.

Regards,
RSG
  • 1. Re: please suggest -- MY PLANNING IS DOWN FROM 2 DAYS ALREADY
    Robert Armstrong Explorer
    A few questions...

You said this was a new application, does the old application get completely calculated or is intelligent calc (blocks already calculated are not recalculated) on?

The second, new application, may have to be calculated in full and then the next calculation will see the calculated blocks and ignore. can you post the entire calculation script or is this business rules/calc manager calcualtions?

did you compare the data and index cache settings on the new appliction with the old application?

Is there enough memory for both to be loaded on the server?
  • 2. Re: please suggest -- MY PLANNING IS DOWN FROM 2 DAYS ALREADY
    i_need_a_FIX Journeyer
    Hi,

How big are the blocks in both applications ?
    It's possible that those 15 extra accounts made the block size in the new application exceed a certain threshold that makes calculation take much longer.
    That's the only difference I can think of if you have already made sure that everything else was the same in both applications.

Thanks,
    JM

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points