This discussion is archived
2 Replies Latest reply: Aug 8, 2012 2:23 AM by 814515 RSS

Bursting Email from XML did not send mail...

814515 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi All,

My requirement is to send emails to customer whenever their service contract been renewed. So for this I have done XML data template and Bursting template.

The data template works fine which actually gives PDF output of contract details. However, the bursting template did not work as I expected. The template as follows,

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<xapi:requestset xmlns:xapi="http://xmlns.order.com/oxp/xapi" type="bursting">
<xapi:globaldata location="stream">
</xapi:globaldata>
<xapi:request select="/RENCET/LIST_G_CONTRACT/G_CONTRACT">
<xapi:delivery>
<xapi:email id="BurstingEmail123" server="client_server" port="25" from="client_email">
<xapi:message id="BurstingEmail123" to="${customer_email}" attachment="true" content-type="html/text"
subject="${Maintenance Renewal Certificate}">
Dear Valued Customer,
Thank you for renewing you Support Agreement. The attached Maintenance Certificate details the products currently being renewed under your order 7700324671.
</xapi:message>
</xapi:email>
</xapi:delivery>
<xapi:document output="o8448838.pdf" output-type="pdf" delivery="BurstingEmail123">
<xapi:template type="rtf" location="/usr/tmp/Maintenance Certificate.rtf">
</xapi:template>
</xapi:document>
</xapi:request>
</xapi:requestset>

If you notice in the above code xapi:email, xapi:message and xapi:document having id. I read in many forums that the id should be same in all three places. So I have given "BurstingEmail123". Is it correct? If not, please suggest what should I have to mention there.

Can anyone please suggest what am I missing in the above code. I thank you in advance.

Regards,
--
Bala

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points