This discussion is archived
2 Replies Latest reply: Aug 8, 2012 9:35 AM by 954419 RSS

OEDQ invoking external web service

954419 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hello:

Does OEDQ have the capability of doing one of the following:

1. Pushing data to an external application? (Ie: Pushing data to SOA application)
2. Invoking an external web service (WSDL) by an external application? (Ie: Invoking a SOA WSDL)

Thank you.
  • 1. Re: OEDQ invoking external web service
    MikeMatthews Pro
    Yes, both of these can be done.

EDQ's export capabilities can be summarized as follows:

- Export to pretty much any kind of file, including (but not limited to) delimited text files, fixed width text files, XML (in virtually any format), Excel files, binary files etc.
    - Export to pretty much any kind of database (Oracle, SQL Server, Sybase, DB2, DB2 for iSeries, Access, MySQL, PostgreSQL etc.)
    - Write to a message queue via JMS
    - Respond to a web service request

EDQ does not normally call update APIs directly, though it can be made to do so.

Web services can be called in the middle of an EDQ process where required - examples where this has been done include calling a Dun and Bradstreet web service to enhance company data, and calling e-business suite web services.

Regards,

Mike
  • 2. Re: OEDQ invoking external web service
    954419 Newbie
    Hey Mike,

Thank you for following up to my question. I have a few follow-up questions in order to best answer my original question.

1. Can you provide a resource (pdf/training document) or directions on how to Write to a JMS queue?
    2. Can you provide a resource (pdf/training document) or directions on how to call/update APIs directly?

This would really help me out.

Thank you.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points