4 Replies Latest reply: Aug 13, 2012 9:41 AM by gimbal2 RSS

OCJP and SCJP

Hi Everyone:
      What is the differences between OCJP and SCJP? How to get prepared for OCJP? Which certified test is more difficult?
      In the SUN java community, how to find out the answers for the demo questions of OCJP?
      I am going to take this test before the next Feb. Is there anyone who is certified here in this forum? Can you answer some questions in this practice test?

Look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks and best regards,
      Jane
        • 1. Re: OCJP and SCJP
          RajeshAkavaram
          SCJP and ocjp both refer to the same certification for java, difference is that earlier when sun microsystems conducted the test they called it as SunCertified Java Programmer and when orcale acquired sun , they renamed the exam to Oracle Certified java programmer. You can look at the Java code ranch communities SCJP forum for perople's experiences with certification

https://www.coderanch.com/how-to/java/SCJP-FAQ

And for starting with SCJP, you can follow scup BOOK BY kATHY Sierra and Berta Bates which has good material targeted for SCJP.

HTH

Thanks,
          Rajesh Akavaram
          • 2. Re: OCJP and SCJP
            Hi Rajesh Akavaram,

I feel so pleased to hear from you. I plan to read through the practice test first. Hopefully, I can get helps from the website of coderanch. With reference to the two authors you referred to, I feel strange with them. Can you recommend the book names written by them? Are they easy to understand? I am a beginner.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
            Jane
            • 3. Re: OCJP and SCJP
              RajeshAkavaram
              sorry for not clearly mentioning the book details, below is the link for the book at amZON

http://www.amazon.com/Programmer-Practice-Exams-310-065-Certification/dp/0072260882/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1344867201&sr=8-2&keywords=scjp+sun+certified+programmer+for+java+6+exam+310-065

HTH

Thanks
              Rajesh Akavaram
              • 4. Re: OCJP and SCJP
                gimbal2
                952268 wrote:
                Hi Rajesh Akavaram,

With reference to the two authors you referred to, I feel strange with them. Can you recommend the book names written by them?
                (Amazon can also do that you know)
                Are they easy to understand?
                For me yes. For you? I have no way of knowing.
                I am a beginner.
                You may want to start with a book that is less of a study guide and more oriented on casual learning, like Head First Java for example.