3 Replies Latest reply: Aug 13, 2012 5:43 PM by Hussein Sawwan-Oracle RSS

Trace File Name

Jai001
      In a R12 Dev instance, we have trace files generated after turning on the "Concurrent: Allow Debugging" option at the user level (ID 301372.1).

Is there a way to identify the trace file names?

From prior runs, it seems that the trace file name is formatted as "<instance name>_ora_<a number>_<user name>.trc".

I thought that the "a number" field would be the same as the oracle_process_id value from fnd_concurrent_requests, but it is not.

Is there a way to get the "a number" from Oracle so that we can let the DBA know which specific file needs to be TKProf? This will help as we do not want all the files for the user to have TKProf run on.
        • 1. Re: Trace File Name
          Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
          Jai001 wrote:
          In a R12 Dev instance, we have trace files generated after turning on the "Concurrent: Allow Debugging" option at the user level (ID 301372.1).

Is there a way to identify the trace file names?

From prior runs, it seems that the trace file name is formatted as "<instance name>_ora_<a number>_<user name>.trc".

I thought that the "a number" field would be the same as the oracle_process_id value from fnd_concurrent_requests, but it is not.

Is there a way to get the "a number" from Oracle so that we can let the DBA know which specific file needs to be TKProf? This will help as we do not want all the files for the user to have TKProf run on.
          Please run the query in (How To Trace a Concurrent Request And Generate TKPROF File [ID 453527.1]).

Thanks,
          Hussein
          • 2. Re: Trace File Name
            Jai001
            Hi Hussein,

I have used the query in 453527.1 when the "Enable Trace" checkbox was checked, and it was accurate.

The file name format mentioned in above note is: database name + ora + oracle_process_id, all separated by underscores

But I am not using "Enable Trace". As mentioned in my original post, the file name format when using "Concurrent: Allow Debugging" (set at user level) is different. The file name format is: database name + ora + a number + user name, all separated by underscores.

I wanted to know how to get the "a number" value. It is not the same as oracle_process_id.
            • 3. Re: Trace File Name
              Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
              But I am not using "Enable Trace". As mentioned in my original post, the file name format when using "Concurrent: Allow Debugging" (set at user level) is different. The file name format is: database name + ora + a number + user name, all separated by underscores.

I wanted to know how to get the "a number" value. It is not the same as oracle_process_id.
              I do not see any files generated at the OS level when setting (Concurrent: Allow Debugging) profile option and the debugging details are recorded in FND_LOG_MESSAGES table.

Thanks,
              Hussein