7 Replies Latest reply: Apr 19, 2013 3:48 AM by 1004150 RSS

Payables Open Interface Import error

921681 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi all

I have the following issue in EBS R12.
RDBMS : 11.2.0.3.0
Oracle Applications : 12.1.3

I'm inserting records into the AP_INVOICES_INTERFACE and AP_INVOICE_LINES_INTERFACE tables and then running the "Payables Open Interface Import" concurrent program.

When I set the SOURCE column in the AP_INVOICES_INTERFACE table as a user-defined source (from AP_LOOKUP_CODES wher lookup_type = 'SOURCE') I get an error. If instead, I use a seeded source (ERS), it works. Every other field is exactly the same.

There is no difference between the lookups in the AP_LOOKUP_CODES. There is one difference in the lookups in that ERS is created as a "INVOICE TRX SOURCE" in the Purchasing Lookups. I'm unable to add my user-defined source there because it is a protected System lookup.

Looking a bit more, I noticed that ERS seems to have some additional lookups associated to it. Is there some configuration I need to do for my user-defined lookup? If so, where should I do it?

Has anyone encountered this problem before? If so, what was your solution?

Cheers,
Sean
  • 1. Re: Payables Open Interface Import error
    863006 Newbie
    Hi Sean,
    When I set the SOURCE column in the AP_INVOICES_INTERFACE table as a user-defined source (from AP_LOOKUP_CODES wher lookup_type = 'SOURCE') I get an error
    What is the error message? Does the interface table AP_ERRORS_GT is populated ? Are you sure you are passing correctly the code from the lookup_type? If yes, you have to receive error which will describe the problem and the interface error table should be populated accordingly to the error message.

BR,
    Alexander.
  • 2. Re: Payables Open Interface Import error
    921681 Newbie
    I get the following error message: "Invalid Liability Liability account is invalid". I've tried both populating the ACCTS_PAY_CODE_COMBINATION_ID field and leaving it null. Some googling also said mentioned that particular error message may be misleading.

And yes, I'm passing the correct code from the lookup_type. The only difference is that for the one that works, I'm using an Oracle seeded source lookup. However, in the lookups screen I can't see where there are any special configuration.

I should also mention that the invoices will be imported from an external system, and there will be no PO attached to the invoice. I'm not sure if this info is relevent though.

I've done some researching and thinking and maybe there is some kind of profile option I need to set but I haven't been able to find it yet.

Also, I can't find the AP_ERRORS_GT table or any other closely named ones.

Edited by: Sean Ong on 15/08/2012 01:27
  • 3. Re: Payables Open Interface Import error
    863006 Newbie
    Hi,

Please check these docs in metalink if they can help you:

APXIIMPT Invalid Liability Account Supplier Site [ID 1319885.1]
    Supplier Site does not Accept Asset Type as a Liability Account [ID 464352.1]
    APXEXPER:Expense Reports Rejected Due To Invalid Liability Account [ID 889201.1]

BR,
    Alexander.
  • 4. Re: Payables Open Interface Import error
    921681 Newbie
    I've had a look at the metalinks and unfortunately, it doesn't resolve my situation

Will update this thread if I find anything
  • 5. Re: Payables Open Interface Import error
    921681 Newbie
    I've found the error: I needed to populate the gl_date on the AP_INVOICES_INTERFACE table. However, I don't know why the ERS source worked without the gl_date though.
  • 6. Re: Payables Open Interface Import error
    user514159 Newbie
    Yes. The issue "Liability account is invalid" is because of GL_DATE in AP_INVOICES_INTERFACE table.
    Strangely this date is taken care, when I run "Payables Open Interface Import" manually.
    If I submit "Payables Open Interface Import" from another program(PL/SQL) code then the issue pops-up.
    Error message - "Liability account is invalid" -- is misleading in this scenario.

So the solution is --- Populate GL_DATE in INTERFACE table.**
  • 7. Re: Payables Open Interface Import error
    1004150 Newbie
    In my case gl_date is populated, but still we are getting the issue 'INVALID LIABILITY ACCT'. How we should load the column ACCTS_PAY_CODE_COMBINATION_ID in the ap_invoices_interface table.

Thanks,
    Fredirck

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points