3 Replies Latest reply: Aug 16, 2012 9:05 AM by Yannick Ongena RSS

Disable Edit  of custom portal template at runtime

Hi All,

We intend to disable runtime edit of template (just as default out of box template), how can we do it?
      There is a way when adding template as portal resource we can set the security .. but it enforces to set a group/role with Manage permission which we don't want.

It is interesting that out of the box template are not editable at runtime.. I tried to figure it but with no success.
      Webcenter 11.1.1.5.

Thanks
      Amit
        • 1. Re: Disable Edit  of custom portal template at runtime
          Yannick Ongena
          If there is no page cutsomizable or panel customizable on the template, then the user will not be able to do anything when editing the template.

Setting security is the only way of not allowing users edit the template.
          Why don't you want to have a managed role? What's wroing with that?
          • 2. Re: Disable Edit  of custom portal template at runtime
            Thanks for your response.
            We want to disable the edit option we get when we click on Edit drop down after selecting the template in in Administration console of webcenter.

We are building product based on webcenter which will have custom template from us. We do not want the implementer to modify the original template itself but we still want to provide the option where they can copy this template and make new one if they wish to change something.

Default template from webcenter has panel customizable but still it is not editable.. I was wondering where is that property configured, I checked all files in project but couldn't find that setup.

Thanks
            Amit

Edited by: Amit on Aug 16, 2012 7:01 AM
            • 3. Re: Disable Edit  of custom portal template at runtime
              Yannick Ongena
              Ah yes that "feature". It is actually not a feature but the idea is that system resources cannot be altered unless you copy them.
              WebCenter does not provides a feature so you can configure your template to mimic that feature. The only thing you can do is to setup security.