What's the problem? Can you describe in more detail?
It's just re-designed in 6.1:
* If you opened an item from a search screen, in this case, you should have previous search results. Click on the button, will bring you back to the previous search.
* If you opened an item from a direct link (e.g. MRU), previous search results should not exists, then the button action will be changed to navigate page to the proper object search screen.
I have tried on my box and looks like it works fine even if I override some menu configs in the extension settings. The button (magnifying glass) is always there.
Some Concerns Here:
* Did it not work just in "NPD\Project"? or in all the applications?
* Did it ever work after fresh installation?
* Did you add some configuration in "SiteMap-Extensions.xml" and "SiteMap-DisplayOrder.xml"? Could you please show me that in detail if yes?