This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: Aug 16, 2012 10:53 AM by Brandye Barrington RSS

SCJA  (OCJA) Exam

955246 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hello. I hope you are very well. I am iranian that I already took Certification as Oracle Workforce Development (JAVA SE 6), now i interested to take SCJA Exam in malaysia because i am master student with student Visa from malaysia. I wanna know that can i take SCJA Exam as regareds i have Oracle Workforce Development (JAVA SE 6) Certification ?

Thank you for your time

Regards
Mohsen
  • 1. Re: SCJA  (OCJA) Exam
    bigdelboy Pro
    952243 wrote:
    Hello. I hope you are very well. I am iranian that I already took Certification as Oracle Workforce Development (JAVA SE 6), now i interested to take SCJA Exam in malaysia because i am master student with student Visa from malaysia. I wanna know that can i take SCJA Exam as regareds i have Oracle Workforce Development (JAVA SE 6) Certification ?

Thank you for your time

Regards
    Mohsen
    I can only carefully refer you to threads:

{thread:id=2234723}
    {thread:id=2336319}

The answers there are non-authorative.

I suspect, and I can be wrong, you will be able to take the exam and theresult (and even certification) may appear in certview. However the is a strong possilbility you will not get shipped the succes kit.

Brandye, who is certification forum moderator, and is pretty well very helpful to everyone on this forum, may be very limited in what she says due to risk of misleading due to US export restrictions.

I am no legal expert, I am not associated with the Oracle except as a user, and I may be wrong in what I say with this post.

In general a more authorative answer might be gleaned y a support question on:

http://education.oracle.com/pls/eval-eddap-dcd/OU_SUPPORT_OCP.home?p_source=OCP

I do wish the world was more at peace and the right to be safe, the right to be respected and the right to learn was available to all.
  • 2. Re: SCJA  (OCJA) Exam
    Brandye Barrington Expert
    Moshen,
    I apologize for the delay in responding, but I was checking on this. While we appreciate you your interest in Oracle University Certification. We are sorry but we would be unable to provide your certification kit whether by shipping to/billing an Iranian address nor by shipping to/billing an alternate address, in accordance with our obligations under U.S. and applicable export laws and regulations.

Regards,
    Brandye Barrington
    Certification Forum Moderator
  • 3. Re: SCJA  (OCJA) Exam
    Brandye Barrington Expert
    Moshen,
    There may be another option. Please contact Oracle Certification Support http://bit.ly/KMsuH3 and outline your issue, referencing this forum posting. I will apprise them of the situation and give them the info that you need. I don't know that this will be a viable option for you, but it is one more avenue to explore.

Regards,
    Brandye Barrington
    Certification Forum Moderator