Hoque
      Hi all,

I have installed -

1)MDEX
      2)Platform Services
      3)CAS
      4)Document Converter.
      5)Deployment Template.
      6)Oracle Endeca Guided Search 2.1.2 for Microsoft Windows x64 (64-bit)      V31161-01

Everything is installed in a single local machine.The Endeca Reference Application is running fine also.

But when I am trying to install Experience manager -

Oracle Endeca Experience Manager 2.1.2 for Microsoft Windows x64 (64-bit)-

xmgrworkbench_2.1.2.618087_x86_64pc-win32 -

it is showing the following error.

"All other Workbench installations must be uninstall before installing Workbench.
      Please uninstall all other versions of Workbench before running this installer."

My question is -

There is two components in https://edelivery.oracle.com-

a)Oracle Endeca Experience Manager 2.1.2 for Microsoft Windows x64 (64-bit)      V31162-01      80M
      b)Oracle Endeca Experience Manager Extensions 2.1.2 for Generic Platform      V31169-01      71M

Which one I have use to avail the experience manager's functionality (Template creation etcs ).
      Or I have to use both the versions ?

What are the components need to be installed to work perfectly with experience manager .?

Regards,
      Hoque
        • 1. Re: Error in installing Experience Manager.
          Kristen G-Oracle
          Hi Hoque. I know it is a bit confusing and we are working to simplify things in future releases, but you will want to install
          either
          Oracle Endeca Guided Search 2.1.2
          or
          Oracle Endeca Experience Manager 2.1.2

but you do not need both.

Oracle Experience Manager includes Endeca Workbench and the Experience Manager tool and is the option you'll use when the deployment includes a license for Oracle Endeca Experience Manager. The Oracle Endeca Guided Search package includes Endeca Workbench and the Rule Manager tool and will be used for deployments that do not include Experience Manager.

If you're starting a new project, I recommend starting with 3.1 instead.