6 Replies Latest reply: Aug 17, 2012 11:40 AM by 928259 RSS

B2B FTP Van setup.   550 delete Failed

B2B Gurus:

I have setup the VAN connection for B2B to pickup files. After picking up the files it processes, but does not delete them. I am getting the following error: 550 Delete Failed.
      After talking to the VAN service, they told me to use the GET command.
      When i use the Get command from the box, it works. I get the file and then it is deleted.

In my ftp channel i have tried IS VAN checked and unchecked.

Any suggestions.
      Thanks,
      -Atis
        • 1. Re: B2B FTP Van setup.   550 delete Failed
          Anuj Dwivedi--Oracle
          Atis,

GET command is used for copying file however the error which you are facing is related to "delete". B2B will perform either of the below operations after reading the file -

1. Delete the file from the directory (default action)
          2. Archive the file to an archive directory specified in channel configuration (works if archive directory has been configured in the channel)

In both the cases, FTP user configured in the channel must have read and write access on the directory. Please ask the VAN FTP admin to grant read-write access to the FTP user being used in channel configuration. You may verify the access using any FTP client.

Regards,
          Anuj
          • 2. Re: B2B FTP Van setup.   550 delete Failed
            Thanks Anuj,

This VAN is not giving us the priveledges for DELE in the folder. As soon as we run the get or mget the file ends up getting deleted. Any other options?
            • 3. Re: B2B FTP Van setup.   550 delete Failed
              Clarification: I am able to ftp to manually get the files. Once i use MGET or GET to retrieve the file it removes from the listing on the remote server.
              • 4. Re: B2B FTP Van setup.   550 delete Failed
                Update:

VAN will not give permission to Delete files. It marks the files when they get picked up. They will not allow us to dictate the information on there services.

I read the following: Is this on 11g? I was not able to find in our in channel details on 11g. The only on i found was Is Van Mailbox?

Is there any parameter or property to tell b2b to not delete after retrieving file?

Yes: Delivery channel parameter "Receiver read only"

When set to "true" Oracle B2B will not delete the file

regards,

Jeff
                • 5. Re: B2B FTP Van setup.   550 delete Failed
                  Anuj Dwivedi--Oracle
                  Jeff,
                  I read the following: Is this on 11g? I was not able to find in our in channel details on 11g. The only on i found was Is Van Mailbox?
                  No. AFAIK, this feature is not yet available in 11g. You may log a SR with support.
                  VAN will not give permission to Delete files. It marks the files when they get picked up. They will not allow us to dictate the information on there services.
                  B2B 11g cannot poll a directory with read-only user, as of now. As a workaround, you may have a simple shell script which should download messages from FTP server to your local B2B server directory and then configure B2B with File listening channel to poll the files from local directory.

Regards,
                  Anuj
                  • 6. Re: B2B FTP Van setup.   550 delete Failed
                    Thanks, I have written a nice script and configured a channel on b2b. Will log a support ticket.