2 Replies Latest reply: Mar 6, 2013 12:07 PM by Marc Santosusso RSS

Link a Frame to a Frame? Or link a topic to a topic?

Hi there,

I am a new UPK user. I am trying to do modular test plans. I want to make a topic which describes an add functionality in an application. But say for instance that each of my pages has the same header. I want to make a header topic which i can insert or link between the add test plan and other test plans so that when i make a change to the header topic it is reflected in the other topics. When I am publishing... I am publishing to a test document in which I want the other topic/frames included in what is published.

I have no idea if this is possible with UPK... Any suggestions or help would be appreciated. I have been researching this for a couple of days now and still have no great solutions. Thank You
        • 1. Re: Link a Frame to a Frame? Or link a topic to a topic?
          Hi There,
          Hoping to get some help regarding this topic as well
          We have added a related documents blurb at the end of each topic suggesting other topics to read but we can’t figure out how to hyperlink the suggested topic so that it opens up the related UPK
          Any suggestions?
          • 2. Re: Link a Frame to a Frame? Or link a topic to a topic?
            Marc Santosusso
            Hello,

You cannot currently create links to other documents within the same Library. The See Also and Print It! are the closest features we have, but they are not aimed at addressing the issue you've identified. We are considering an enhancement to create links to other documents and specific frames within topics in the same Library. If you have ideas on how to improve this behavior, please submit an enhancement request through My Oracle Support. Additional information can be found in the announcement at the top of this forum: https://forums.oracle.com/forums/ann.jspa?annID=1175

Best regards,
            Marc